Dr. Govind has spent most of her life raised in Dallas, TX. She went to Austin College in Sherman, TX for undergraduate studies, and completed her medical degree at Texas A&M Health Sciences Center College of Medicine. It was there that she originally fell in love with infectious disease, learning about the ability to solve complex mysteries using history, social history, epidemiologic and physical exam clues. She continued on to completing an internal medicine internship and residency and her infectious disease fellowship at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia. She moved to Houston for two years and worked as an HIV provider at a large FQHC, Legacy Community Health. However, the draw back to academics, working with and teaching students, residents, and fellows, as well as her love of Dallas, brought her back to UT Southwestern in September of 2020. She currently specializes in HIV care at the ACCESS Clinic (one of the largest Ryan White funded HIV clinics in the country) and general ID and HIV consultations at Parkland Hospital. She enjoys the patients at Parkland and is always excited about the opportunity to care for our underserved population. Her special interests outside of infectious disease are on educating her colleagues and trainees on the adverse impacts of climate change on diseases and health. Her interests outside of medicine include reading mystery books, watching loads of Netflix, and spending all her free time with her husband and kids.
- Medical School
- Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine (2013)
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (2014)
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (2016), Internal Medicine
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (2018), Infectious Diseases
- Climate Change Impacts on Health and Well-being
- HIV and Pre-exposure Prophylaxis
- A Case of Polymicrobial, Gram-Negative Pulmonic Valve Endocarditis.
- Bekker T, Govind A, Weber DM, Case Rep Infect Dis 2019 2019 6439390
- When an infected meniscus portends a perforated viscus
- Michelle Hannon, Stephen Zacariah, Neha Bansal Etherington, Anusha Govind, Devin Weber, Bryan Hess Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice 2019 27 4 228-230
- The First Reported Case of Majocchi's Granuloma with Malbranchea sp. in an Immunocompetent Patient.
- Govind A, L'Etoile N, Vasquez G, Case Rep Infect Dis 2017 2017 9196528
- Sporotrichoid-Like Spread of Cutaneous Mycobacterium chelonae in an Immunocompromised Patient.
- Kemp DM, Govind AG, Kang J, Brugger CC, Kauh YC, Case Rep Dermatol Med 2017 2017 8219841
- Tracheobronchitis in a Patient With Crohn's Disease.
- Yeung V, Govind AG, Arastu S, Henry CH, ACG Case Rep J 2016 Apr 3 3 181-3
- Infectious Disease Society of America (2016)
- American College of Physicians (2013)