Dr. Chiu is originally from New York and received his initial medical training at the LSU Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, Louisiana. Drawn by the opportunity to learn endoscopy and treat the vast array of local pathology, he completed his gastroenterology fellowship at the same institution. Dr. Chiu brings to UTSW a strong background in general medicine and gastroenterology. He currently specializes in GERD, Colon cancer screening, Colon polyp removal, IBS, IBD and Hepatitis C treatment. His clinical practice emphasizes patient care in a friendly and relaxed environment. Dr. Chiu’s interests outside of medicine include drawing comic strips, fountain pens, and backpacks.
- Medical School
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (2014)
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (2017), Internal Medicine
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (2020), Gastroenterology
- American College of Gastroenterology (2017)
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (2017)
- American Medical Association (2014)