Dr. Bat graduated from Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Turkey in 2010 and then joined to NHLBI for post-doctoral training. After completion of 3 years of post-doctoral training, he completed internal medicine residency at NEOMED and experimental therapeutics fellowship at Cleveland Clinic. Subsequently he completed a hematology/oncology fellowship at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, University at Buffalo. He focuses on bone marrow failure syndromes and has an interest on cytopenia, clonal hematopoiesis, hemostasis and thrombocytopenia. Dr. Bat is married and has 2 sons and 1 daughter. His interests outside of medicine are biking,cooking and travel with his family.
- Medical School
- Hacettepe University (2010)
- Western Reserve Health Education (2016), Internal Medicine
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation (2017), Experimental Medicine
- University at Buffalo/Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center (2020), Hematology Oncology
- Bone Marrow Failure Syndromes
- Cancer-related VTE
- Clonal Hematopoiesis
- Platelet Disorders
- Clonal PIGA mosaicism and dynamics in paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria.
- Clemente MJ, Przychodzen B, Hirsch CM, Nagata Y, Bat T, Wlodarski MW, Radivoyevitch T, Makishima H, Maciejewski JP, Leukemia 2018 11 32 11 2507-2511
- The evolution of paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuria depends on intensity of immunosuppressive therapy.
- Bat T, Abdelhamid ON, Balasubramanian SK, Mai A, Radivoyevitch T, Clemente M, Maciejewski JP, Br. J. Haematol. 2018 09 182 5 730-733
- Thrombopoietic status of patients on haemodialysis.
- Bat T, Bat BE, El-Moghraby A, Patel S, Feng X, Dunbar CE, Sarac E, Br. J. Haematol. 2016 Mar 172 6 954-7
- Functional Niche Competition Between Normal Hematopoietic Stem and Progenitor Cells and Myeloid Leukemia Cells.
- Glait-Santar C, Desmond R, Feng X, Bat T, Chen J, Heuston E, Mizukawa B, Mulloy JC, Bodine DM, Larochelle A, Dunbar CE, Stem Cells 2015 Dec 33 12 3635-42
- Human hematopoietic stem cells from mobilized peripheral blood can be purified based on CD49f integrin expression.
- Huntsman HD, Bat T, Cheng H, Cash A, Cheruku PS, Fu JF, Keyvanfar K, Childs RW, Dunbar CE, Larochelle A, Blood 2015 Sep 126 13 1631-3
- Measurement of the absolute immature platelet number reflects marrow production and is not impacted by platelet transfusion.
- Bat T, Leitman SF, Calvo KR, Chauvet D, Dunbar CE, Transfusion 2013 Jun 53 6 1201-4
Honors & Awards
- Thomas Frawley Fellowship Award
- Edward P. Evans Fellowship
- Intramural Research Training Award
National Institutes of Health (2010)
- Short-term Scientist Exchange Program Award
- American Association for Cancer Research (2020)
- International Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis (2020)
- Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Society (2019)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (2017)
- American Society of Hematology (2016)