Yvonne Y. Chan grew up in southern California and received her medical degree from David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA in Los Angeles, CA. She went on to complete her urologic residency at University of California Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, CA and pediatric urology fellowship at Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital in Chicago, IL.
She joined the Urology faculty at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center/Dallas Children’s as Assistant Professor in 2020. Dr. Chan has a passion for caring for children with a breadth of urologic conditions and seeks to incorporate her interest in quality improvement into her clinical care. Her clinical interests include congenital urologic conditions, spina bifida, minimally invasive/robotic surgery, hypospadias, vesicoureteral reflux, and complex urologic reconstruction. Her research interests include patient safety/quality improvement, post-surgical outcomes, and medical education and simulations.
- Medical School
- David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA (2012)
- University of California Davis Health Program (2014), General Surgery
- University of California Davis Health Program (2018), Urology
- Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (2020), Pediatric Urology
- American Urological Association (2020)
- Society for Pediatric Urology (2021)
- Society of Women in Urology (2021)