Dr. Jain is originally from Ohio and earned her medical degree from The Ohio State University College of Medicine. She completed a residency in internal medicine at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, where she became interested in preventive care and nutrition. She joined UTSW in 2020 as a General Internal Medicine Fellow and will be completing a master of public health degree through UT School of Public Health. She was drawn to the fellowship by the opportunity to explore the delivery of preventive health on both individual and community levels. Clinically, she enjoys collaborating and developing relationships with her patients to help them stay well. Outside of work, Dr. Jain enjoys cooking, gardening, and traveling with her family.
- Medical School
- Ohio State University College of Medicine (2017)
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (2020), Internal Medicine
- Culinary Medicine
- Food Insecurity
- Social Determinants of Health
- Provider Advice and Patient Perceptions on Weight Across Five Health Systems.
- Jain S, Rothenberger SD, Bennett WL, Clark JM, Conroy MB, Herring SJ, Kraschnewski JL, Lent MR, Bramante CT, Cappella N, McTigue KM, Am J Prev Med 2020 May
- Cecal Perforation in the Setting of Campylobacter jejuni Infection.
- Jain S, Bettner W, Olevian DC, Yadav D, ACG Case Rep J 2019 Dec 6 12 e00268
The Interface Between Medical and Psychiatric Disorders. In Psychiatric and Behavioural Disorders in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Hellings JA, Jain S (2016). Cambridge University Press
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Medical Honor Society (2016)
- Society of General Internal Medicine (2018)
- American College of Physicians (2017)