Director, Adult Cystic Fibrosis Center
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center at Houston (2001)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2004), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2005), Internal Medicine
- Washington University School of Medicine (2009), Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- Graduate School
- Washington University School of Medicine (2010), Clinical Investigation
- Graduate School
- Washington University School of Medicine (2010)
- Gender disparities in lung diseases
- Sex hormone influence on host immunity
- Treatment advances for Cystic Fibrosis
- 17ß-estradiol dysregulates innate immune responses to Pseudomonas aeruginosa respiratory infection and is modulated by estrogen receptor antagonism.
- Abid S, Xie S, Bose M, Shaul PW, Terada LS, Brody SL, Thomas PJ, Katzenellenbogen JA, Kim SH, Greenberg DE, Jain R Infect. Immun. 2017 Aug
- Lung transplantation and gender effects on survival of recipients with cystic fibrosis.
- Raghavan D, Gao A, Ahn C, Kaza V, Finklea J, Torres F, Jain R J. Heart Lung Transplant. 2016 Jun
- Gender differences in outcomes of patients with cystic fibrosis.
- Harness-Brumley CL, Elliott AC, Rosenbluth DB, Raghavan D, Jain R J Womens Health (Larchmt) 2014 Dec 23 12 1012-20
- Effects of puberty on cystic fibrosis related pulmonary exacerbations in women versus men.
- Sutton S, Rosenbluth D, Raghavan D, Zheng J, Jain R Pediatr. Pulmonol. 2013 Mar
- Sex Hormone-Dependent Regulation of Cilia Beat Frequency in Airway Epithelium.
- Jain R, Ray JM, Pan JH, Brody SL American journal of respiratory cell and molecular biology 2011 Oct
- Azithromycin is associated with increased survival in lung transplant recipients with bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome.
- Jain R, Hachem RR, Morrell MR, Trulock EP, Chakinala MM, Yusen RD, Huang HJ, Mohanakumar T, Patterso GA, Walter MJ. Journal of Heart and Lung Transplant May 2010 29/5 531-537
- The temporal relationship between primary and motile ciliogenesis in airway epithelial cells.
- Jain R, Pan JH, Driscoll J, Wisner J, Brody SL. American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology 2010 Epub
- Endothelin-1 Induces Alveolar Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition Through Endothelin Type A Receptor-Mediated Production of TGF-B1
- Jain R, Borok Z, Shaul P, Willis B American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology July 2007 37 38-47
- Standardized Treatment of Pulmonary exacerbations (STOP) study: Physician treatment practices and outcomes for individuals with cystic fibrosis with pulmonary exacerbations.
- West NE, Beckett VV, Jain R, Sanders DB, Nick JA, Heltshe SL, Dasenbrook EC, VanDevanter DR, Solomon GM, Goss CH, Flume PA J. Cyst. Fibros. 2017 Apr
- Evaluating Outcomes Disparities in the Hispanic Cystic Fibrosis Population: A Need for a National Analysis.
- Rho J, Ahn C, Gao A, Keller A, Jain R Chest 2016 Sep 150 3 751-3
Honors & Awards
- CFF Foundation Harry Shwachman Clinical Research Award
- LEAD Capstone Dean's Recognition Award - U.T. Southwestern Medical Center
- CREW award recipient
- Dedman Family Scholar in Clinical Care
- American Thoracic Society Career Development Award
- Multidisciplinary Clinical Research Career Development Award
- University of Texas Houston Health Science Center Gold Headed Cane Award
Humanism in Medicine (2001)
- Society for Women's Health Research (2012)
- Association for Clinical and Translational Science (2009)
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Thoracic Society
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association