Director, Adult Cystic Fibrosis Center
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center at Houston (2001)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2004), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2005), Internal Medicine
- Washington University School of Medicine (2009), Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- Graduate School
- Washington University School of Medicine (2010), Clinical Investigation
- Graduate School
- Washington University School of Medicine (2010)
- Gender disparities in lung diseases
- Sex hormone influence on host immunity
- Treatment advances for Cystic Fibrosis
- 17ß-estradiol dysregulates innate immune responses to Pseudomonas aeruginosa respiratory infection and is modulated by estrogen receptor antagonism.
- Abid S, Xie S, Bose M, Shaul PW, Terada LS, Brody SL, Thomas PJ, Katzenellenbogen JA, Kim SH, Greenberg DE, Jain R Infect. Immun. 2017 Aug
- Lung transplantation and gender effects on survival of recipients with cystic fibrosis.
- Raghavan D, Gao A, Ahn C, Kaza V, Finklea J, Torres F, Jain R J. Heart Lung Transplant. 2016 Jun
- Gender differences in outcomes of patients with cystic fibrosis.
- Harness-Brumley CL, Elliott AC, Rosenbluth DB, Raghavan D, Jain R J Womens Health (Larchmt) 2014 Dec 23 12 1012-20
- Effects of puberty on cystic fibrosis related pulmonary exacerbations in women versus men.
- Sutton S, Rosenbluth D, Raghavan D, Zheng J, Jain R Pediatr. Pulmonol. 2013 Mar
- Sex Hormone-Dependent Regulation of Cilia Beat Frequency in Airway Epithelium.
- Jain R, Ray JM, Pan JH, Brody SL American journal of respiratory cell and molecular biology 2011 Oct
- Temporal relationship between primary and motile ciliogenesis in airway epithelial cells.
- Jain R, Pan J, Driscoll JA, Wisner JW, Huang T, Gunsten SP, You Y, Brody SL Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 2010 Dec 43 6 731-9
- Azithromycin is associated with increased survival in lung transplant recipients with bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome.
- Jain R, Hachem RR, Morrell MR, Trulock EP, Chakinala MM, Yusen RD, Huang HJ, Mohanakumar T, Patterson GA, Walter MJ J. Heart Lung Transplant. 2010 May 29 5 531-7
- Endothelin-1 induces alveolar epithelial-mesenchymal transition through endothelin type A receptor-mediated production of TGF-beta1.
- Jain R, Shaul PW, Borok Z, Willis BC Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 2007 Jul 37 1 38-47
- AcrAB-TolC Inhibition by Peptide-conjugated Phosphorodiamidate Morpholino Oligomers Restores Antibiotic Activity in vitro and in vivo.
- Sturge CR, Felder-Scott CF, Pifer R, Pybus C, Jain R, Geller B, Greenberg D, ACS Infect Dis 2019 May
- Impact of high- versus low-risk genotype on sinonasal radiographic disease in cystic fibrosis.
- Halderman AA, Lee S, London NR, Day A, Jain R, Moore JA, Lin SY Laryngoscope 2018 Dec
Honors & Awards
- CFF Foundation Harry Shwachman Clinical Research Award
- LEAD Capstone Dean's Recognition Award - U.T. Southwestern Medical Center
- CREW award recipient
- Dedman Family Scholar in Clinical Care
- American Thoracic Society Career Development Award
- Multidisciplinary Clinical Research Career Development Award
- University of Texas Houston Health Science Center Gold Headed Cane Award
Humanism in Medicine (2001)
- Society for Women's Health Research (2012)
- Association for Clinical and Translational Science (2009)
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Thoracic Society
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association