Dr. James Mitchell received his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas. He completed additional training in Anatomic Pathology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (Columbia University Medical Center), as well as focused fellowship training in general surgical pathology and gastrointestinal and liver pathology at Columbia University Medical Center. His practice focuses on neoplastic and inflammatory pathology with an emphasis on the liver and the gastrointestinal tract.
- Medical School
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (2010)
- New York Presbyterian Hospital (Columbia Campus) (2013), Anatomic Pathology
- Columbia University Medical Center (2014), Gastrointestinal & Liver Pathology
- Columbia University Medical Center (2015), Surgical Pathology
- The Role of Endoscopic Ultrasound-Guided Ki67 in The Management of Non-Functioning Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors.
- Cui Y, Khanna LG, Saqi A, Crapanzano JP, Mitchell JM, Sethi A, Gonda TA, Kluger MD, Schrope BA, Allendorf J, Chabot JA, Poneros JM, Clin Endosc 2019 Jul
- First live birth after uterus transplantation in the United States.
- Testa G, McKenna GJ, Gunby RT, Anthony T, Koon EC, Warren AM, Putman JM, Zhang L, dePrisco G, Mitchell JM, Wallis K, Klintmalm GB, Olausson M, Johannesson L, Am. J. Transplant. 2018 05 18 5 1270-1274
- Living Donor Uterus Transplantation: A Single Center's Observations and Lessons Learned From Early Setbacks to Technical Success.
- Testa G, Koon EC, Johannesson L, McKenna GJ, Anthony T, Klintmalm GB, Gunby RT, Warren AM, Putman JM, dePrisco G, Mitchell JM, Wallis K, Olausson M, Am. J. Transplant. 2017 Nov 17 11 2901-2910
- Combination of liver biopsy with MELD-XI scores for post-transplant outcome prediction in patients with advanced heart failure and suspected liver dysfunction.
- Farr M, Mitchell J, Lippel M, Kato TS, Jin Z, Ippolito P, Dove L, Jorde UP, Takayama H, Emond J, Naka Y, Mancini D, Lefkowitch JH, Schulze PC, J. Heart Lung Transplant. 2015 Jul 34 7 873-82
- Molecular and histologic considerations in the assessment of serrated polyps.
- Yang HM, Mitchell JM, Sepulveda JL, Sepulveda AR, Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 2015 Jun 139 6 730-41
- Unresolved pulmonary embolism leading to a diagnosis of pulmonary artery sarcoma.
- Gutiérrez A, Sauler M, Mitchell JM, Siegel MD, Trow TK, Bacchetta M, Fares WH, Heart Lung 2014 Nov-Dec 43 6 574-6