Mohamad (Amer) Alaiti, MD, earned his medical degree from University of Damascus School of Medicine. After completing his internal medicine clinical training, he joined the Case Cardiovascular Research Institute at Case Western Reserve University where he completed research fellowship studying cellular and molecular mechanisms of angiogenesis, arteriogenesis and cardiac hypertrophy in the laboratory of the renowned physician-scientist Dr. Mukesh Jain, MD. He received his advanced clinical training in general cardiovascular medicine, advanced cardiac imaging, interventional and advanced interventional/structural fellowships at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University.
- Medical School
- University of Damascus School of Medicine - Syria (2002)
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation (2008), Internal Medicine
- Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center (2016), Cardiology
- Case Western Reserve University Case Medical Center (2017), Cardiovascular Imaging
- Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center (2018), Interventional Cardiology
- Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center (2019), Interventional Cardiology
- Cardiac CT
- Complex Coronary and Structural Heart Interventions
- Intravascular Imaging
- Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Real World Utilization of Computed Tomography Derived Fractional Flow Reserve: Single Center Experience in the United States.
- Fares A, Alaiti MA, Alkhalil A, Al-Kindi S, Chami T, Martin B, Thakker P, Nadeem F, Rajagopalan S, Simon D, Gilkeson R, Bezerra HG, Cardiovasc Revasc Med 2019 Dec 20 12 1043-1047
- Low dose contrast CT for transcatheter aortic valve replacement assessment: Results from the prospective SPECTACULAR study (spectral CT assessment prior to TAVR).
- Cavallo AU, Patterson AJ, Thomas R, Alaiti MA, Attizzani GF, Laukamp K, Große Hokamp N, Bezerra H, Gilkeson R, Rajagopalan S, J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr 2019 Jun
- Simultaneous Venoarterial Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation and Percutaneous Left Ventricular Decompression Therapy with Impella Is Associated with Improved Outcomes in Refractory Cardiogenic Shock.
- Patel SM, Lipinski J, Al-Kindi SG, Patel T, Saric P, Li J, Nadeem F, Ladas T, Alaiti A, Phillips A, Medalion B, Deo S, Elgudin Y, Costa MA, Osman MN, Attizzani GF, Oliveira GH, Sareyyupoglu B, Bezerra HG ASAIO J. 2018 Feb
- Design of the exercise MRI evaluation of HIV-pulmonary arterial hypertension longitudinal determinants (EXALTED) trial.
- Alaiti MA, Goud A, Ramani G, Bagchi S, Al-Kindi S, Sawicki S, Longenecker C, Jenkins T, Pauza D, Park M, McComsey G, Simonetti O, Hoit B, Rajagopalan S, J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 2017 Nov 18 11 888-896
- Evaluating the quality of implantation of percutaneous ventricular restoration device (Parachute®) by cardiac computed tomography.
- Alaiti MA, Fares A, Erglis A, Nshisso L, Shaikh K, DeCicco AE, Nasif M, Alkhalil A, Ince H, Abraham WT, Simon DI, Costa MA, Attizzani GF, Bezerra HG, Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2017 Mar 89 4 E104-E111
- BET bromodomains mediate transcriptional pause release in heart failure.
- Anand P, Brown JD, Lin CY, Qi J, Zhang R, Artero PC, Alaiti MA, Bullard J, Alazem K, Margulies KB, Cappola TP, Lemieux M, Plutzky J, Bradner JE, Haldar SM, Cell 2013 Aug 154 3 569-82
- Kruppel-like factors and vascular inflammation: implications for atherosclerosis.
- Alaiti MA, Orasanu G, Tugal D, Lu Y, Jain MK, Curr Atheroscler Rep 2012 Oct 14 5 438-49
- Up-regulation of miR-210 by vascular endothelial growth factor in ex vivo expanded CD34+ cells enhances cell-mediated angiogenesis.
- Alaiti MA, Ishikawa M, Masuda H, Simon DI, Jain MK, Asahara T, Costa MA, J. Cell. Mol. Med. 2012 Oct 16 10 2413-21
- Bone marrow and circulating stem/progenitor cells for regenerative cardiovascular therapy.
- Alaiti MA, Ishikawa M, Costa MA, Transl Res 2010 Sep 156 3 112-29
Honors & Awards
- Research Award - Fellow Category
Department of Medicine Research, Case Western Reserve University (2014)
- Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (2018)
- Society of Cardiac Computed Tomography (2017)
- American College of Cardiology (2013)