Dr. Jing Cao is board certified in Clinical Chemistry since 2015. She serves as Director of Mass Spectrometry laboratory testing at Williams Clements Universtiy Hospital, and Director of Point of Care testing at Children's Medical Center Dallas. Prior to joining the University of Texas Southwestern, she was an Assistant Professor at the Department of Pathology and Immunology at Baylor College of Medicine, and was the Associate Director of Clinical Chemistry at Texas Children’s Hospital. Dr. Cao's research focus has been on the clinical utility of lipoprotein biomarkers in cardiovascular diseases, and application of mass spectrometry technology in clinical pathology as well as in anatomical pathology.
- Graduate School
- University of Minnesota Twin C (2012)
- What to expect from antibody assays of SARS-CoV-2?
- Yi X, Cao J, J Appl Lab Med 2020 Jun
- Apolipoprotein B discordance with low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and non-high-density lipoprotein cholesterol in relation to coronary artery calcification in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).
- Cao J, Nomura SO, Steffen BT, Guan W, Remaley AT, Karger AB, Ouyang P, Michos ED, Tsai MY, J Clin Lipidol 2020 Jan - Feb 14 1 109-121.e5
- Perspectives on the Changing Landscape of Measuring Cardiovascular Risk Related to LDL.
- El-Khoury JM, Remaley AT, Nordestgaard BG, Kaufman HW, Mora S, Cao J, Meeusen JW, Clin. Chem. 2019 12 65 12 1487-1492
- Evaluation of Lipoprotein(a) Electrophoretic and Immunoassay Methods in Discriminating Risk of Calcific Aortic Valve Disease and Incident Coronary Heart Disease: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Cao J, Steffen BT, Guan W, Budoff M, Michos ED, Kizer JR, Post WS, Tsai MY, Clin. Chem. 2017 Nov 63 11 1705-1713
- HbA1c measurements across- different platforms: exercising caution when making decisions regarding diagnosis.
- Cao J, Li D, Steffes M, Bellin MD, Diabet. Med. 2016 11 33 11 1601-1602
- COVID-19 in Pediatrics: A Laboratory Perspective.
- Cao J, Devaraj S, J Appl Lab Med 2020 07 5 4 824-828
- National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry (2016)
- American Association of Clinical Chemistry (2004)