Dr. Jing Cao is board certified in Clinical Chemistry since 2015. She serves as Director of Mass Spectrometry laboratory testing at Williams Clements Universtiy Hospital, and Director of Point of Care testing at Children's Medical Center Dallas. Prior to joining the University of Texas Southwestern, she was an Assistant Professor at the Department of Pathology and Immunology at Baylor College of Medicine, and was the Associate Director of Clinical Chemistry at Texas Children’s Hospital. Dr. Cao's research focus has been on the clinical utility of lipoprotein biomarkers in cardiovascular diseases, and application of mass spectrometry technology in clinical pathology as well as in anatomical pathology.
- Medical School
- Anhui Medical University (2000)
- The First Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University (2001), Medicine
- Graduate School
- University of Minnesota College of Biological Sciences (2006)
- Graduate School
- University of Minnesota College of Biological Sciences (2012), Biochemistry, Molecular Biology & Biophysics
- University of Minnesota Medical Center (2015), Clinical Chemistry
- Poor Humoral Response in Solid Organ Transplant Recipients following Complete mRNA SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination.
- Cao J, Liu X, Muthukumar A, Gagan J, Jones P, Zu Y, Clin Chem 2021 Aug
- Liposome-mediated detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA-positive extracellular vesicles in plasma.
- Ning B, Huang Z, Youngquist BM, Scott JW, Niu A, Bojanowski CM, Zwezdaryk KJ, Saba NS, Fan J, Yin XM, Cao J, Lyon CJ, Li CZ, Roy CJ, Hu TY, Nat Nanotechnol 2021 Jul
- Performance of novel low-density lipoprotein-cholesterol calculation methods in predicting clinical and subclinical atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease risk: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Cao J, Remaley AT, Guan W, Devaraj S, Tsai MY, Atherosclerosis 2021 06 327 1-4
- Apolipoprotein B discordance with low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and non-high-density lipoprotein cholesterol in relation to coronary artery calcification in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).
- Cao J, Nomura SO, Steffen BT, Guan W, Remaley AT, Karger AB, Ouyang P, Michos ED, Tsai MY, J Clin Lipidol 2020 Jan - Feb 14 1 109-121.e5
- Perspectives on the Changing Landscape of Measuring Cardiovascular Risk Related to LDL.
- El-Khoury JM, Remaley AT, Nordestgaard BG, Kaufman HW, Mora S, Cao J, Meeusen JW, Clin. Chem. 2019 12 65 12 1487-1492
- Evaluation of Lipoprotein(a) Electrophoretic and Immunoassay Methods in Discriminating Risk of Calcific Aortic Valve Disease and Incident Coronary Heart Disease: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Cao J, Steffen BT, Guan W, Budoff M, Michos ED, Kizer JR, Post WS, Tsai MY, Clin. Chem. 2017 Nov 63 11 1705-1713
- National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry (2016)
- American Association of Clinical Chemistry (2004)