Radomir Chabiniok, M.D., Ph.D.
Graduate Programs Biomedical Engineering
With my dual-background (MD and applied mathematics) and experience in cardiovascular magnetic resonance particularly for congenital heart diseases, I devoted myself to the translation of cardiovascular modeling into the clinic and advancing these methods into routine clinical application. This intrinsically multi-disciplinary goal can only be achieved in tight collaborations between teams of cardiovascular clinicians; mathematical and biomechanical modelers; and researchers in advanced data acquisition and processing. This explains my professional trajectory and major collaborations: MRI department of Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine (IKEM Prague); French National Institute for Research in Digital Science and Technology (Inria); St Thomas’ Hospital, King’s College London; Department of Mathematics at Czech Technical University in Prague; and currently UT Southwestern Medical Center Dallas.
- Chabiniok R, Bhatia KK, King AP, Rueckert D, Smith N. Manifold Learning for Cardiac Modeling and Estimation Framework Statistical Atlases and Computational Models of the Heart - Imaging and Modelling Challenges. STACOM 2014. Lecture Notes in Computer Science(),Volume: 8896pp. 284-294,Springer 2014
- Gusseva M, Greer JS, Castellanos DA, Abdelghafar Hussein MA , Greil G, Reddy S, Hussain T, Chapelle D, Chabiniok R. Model-assisted time-synchronization of cardiac MR image and catheter pressure data, Proc. of Functional Imaging and Modeling of Heart FIMH 2021 Functional Imaging and Modeling of the Heart. FIMH 2021. Lecture Notes in Computer Science()Volume: 12738pp. 362-372,Springer 2021
- Skardova K, Rambausek M, Chabiniok R, Genet M. Mechanical and Imaging Models- based Image Registration VipIMAGE 2019. Lecture Notes in Computational Vision and BiomechanicsVolume: 34pp. 77-85,Springer 2019
- Le Gall A, Vallee F, Chapelle D, Chabiniok R. Minimally-invasive multiple-beat estimation of patient-specific end-systolic elastance using a biomechanical heart model Functional Imaging and Modeling of the Heart. FIMH 2019. Lecture Notes in Computer Science()Volume: 11504pp. 266-275,Springer 2019
- Prediction of Ventricular Mechanics After Pulmonary Valve Replacement in Tetralogy of Fallot by Biomechanical Modeling: A Step Towards Precision Healthcare.
- Gusseva M, Hussain T, Hancock Friesen C, Greil G, Chapelle D, Chabiniok R, Ann Biomed Eng 2021 Dec 49 12 3339-3348
- Right-left ventricular shape variations in tetralogy of Fallot: associations with pulmonary regurgitation.
- Mauger CA, Govil S, Chabiniok R, Gilbert K, Hegde S, Hussain T, McCulloch AD, Occleshaw CJ, Omens J, Perry JC, Pushparajah K, Suinesiaputra A, Zhong L, Young AA, J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 2021 Oct 23 1 105
- Biomechanical Modeling to Inform Pulmonary Valve Replacement in Tetralogy of Fallot Patients after Complete Repair.
- Gusseva M, Hussain T, Friesen CH, Moireau P, Tandon A, Patte C, Genet M, Hasbani K, Greil G, Chapelle D, Chabiniok R, Can J Cardiol 2021 Jun
- Left Ventricular Torsion Obtained Using Equilibrated Warping in Patients with Repaired Tetralogy of Fallot.
- Castellanos DA, Škardová K, Bhattaru A, Berberoglu E, Greil G, Tandon A, Dillenbeck J, Burkhardt B, Hussain T, Genet M, Chabiniok R, Pediatr Cardiol 2021 Apr
- A benchmark problem to evaluate implementational issues for three-dimensional flows of incompressible fluids subject to slip boundary conditions
- R. Chabiniok, J. Hron, A. Jaroli´mova´, J. Ma´lek, K. R. Rajagopal, K. Rajagopal, H. S?vihlova´, K. Tuma Applications in Engineering Science 2021
- Signed-distance function based non-rigid registration of image series with varying image intensity
- K. Skardova, T. Oberhuber, J. Tintera, R. Chabiniok Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems 2021 14 (3) pp.1145-1160
- Investigation of phase-contrast magnetic resonance imaging underestimation of turbulent flow through the aortic valve phantom: experimental and computational study using lattice Boltzmann method.
- Fucík R, Galabov R, Pauš P, Eichler P, Klinkovský J, Straka R, Tintera J, Chabiniok R, MAGMA 2020 Oct 33 5 649-662
- Monitoring of cardiovascular physiology augmented by a patient-specific biomechanical model during general anesthesia. A proof of concept study.
- Le Gall A, Vallée F, Pushparajah K, Hussain T, Mebazaa A, Chapelle D, Gayat É, Chabiniok R, PLoS One 2020 15 5 e0232830
- Dobutamine stress testing in patients with Fontan circulation augmented by biomechanical modeling.
- Ruijsink B, Zugaj K, Wong J, Pushparajah K, Hussain T, Moireau P, Razavi R, Chapelle D, Chabiniok R, PLoS One 2020 15 2 e0229015
- The importance of the pericardium for cardiac biomechanics: from physiology to computational modeling.
- Pfaller MR, Hörmann JM, Weigl M, Nagler A, Chabiniok R, Bertoglio C, Wall WA, Biomech Model Mechanobiol 2019 Apr 18 2 503-529
Translational Cardiovascular Modeling, Tetralogy of Fallot and Modeling of Diseases. In Modeling Biomaterials
Chabiniok R, Skardová K, Galabov R, Eichler P, Gusseva M, Fucík R, Janousek J, Tintera J, Oberhuber T, Hussain T (2021). Switzerland, Birkhäuser
Multiscale Modelling of Cardiac Perfusion. In Modeling the heart and the circulatory system
J. Lee, A. Cookson, R. Chabiniok, S. Rivolo, E. Hyde, M. Sinclair, C. Michler, T. Sochi, N. Smith: (2015). Switzerland, Springer
Honors & Awards
- Virtual Physiological Human (VPH) institute
Best poster award at VPH 2020 conference for PhD candidate Maria Gusseva (my role: PhD supervisor) (2020)
- 3rd Place at Czech and Slovak Student Scientific Conference in Mathematics (category: Applied Mathematics)
Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovak Republic (2006)
- French Embassy in Czech Republic
2nd Prix de Médicine (a month scientific visit at MRI research centre, University Paris-Sud, hosted by Prof. J. Bittoun) (2006)