With my dual-background (MD and applied mathematics) and experience in cardiovascular magnetic resonance particularly for congenital heart diseases, I devoted myself to the translation of cardiovascular modeling into the clinic and advancing these methods into routine clinical application. This intrinsically multi-disciplinary goal can only be achieved in tight collaborations between teams of cardiovascular clinicians; mathematical and biomechanical modelers; and researchers in advanced data acquisition and processing. This explains my professional trajectory and major collaborations: MRI department of Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine (IKEM Prague); French National Institute for Research in Digital Science and Technology (Inria); St Thomas’ Hospital, King’s College London; Department of Mathematics at Czech Technical University in Prague; and currently UT Southwestern Medical Center Dallas.
- Time-Synchronization of Interventional Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Data Using a Biomechanical Model for Pressure-Volume Loop Analysis.
- Gusseva M, Castellanos DA, Greer JS, Hussein MA, Hasbani K, Greil G, Veeram Reddy SR, Hussain T, Chapelle D, Chabiniok R, J Magn Reson Imaging 2022 May
- Prediction of Ventricular Mechanics After Pulmonary Valve Replacement in Tetralogy of Fallot by Biomechanical Modeling: A Step Towards Precision Healthcare.
- Gusseva M, Hussain T, Hancock Friesen C, Greil G, Chapelle D, Chabiniok R, Ann Biomed Eng 2021 Dec 49 12 3339-3348
- Right-left ventricular shape variations in tetralogy of Fallot: associations with pulmonary regurgitation.
- Mauger CA, Govil S, Chabiniok R, Gilbert K, Hegde S, Hussain T, McCulloch AD, Occleshaw CJ, Omens J, Perry JC, Pushparajah K, Suinesiaputra A, Zhong L, Young AA, J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 2021 Oct 23 1 105
- Biomechanical Modeling to Inform Pulmonary Valve Replacement in Tetralogy of Fallot Patients after Complete Repair.
- Gusseva M, Hussain T, Friesen CH, Moireau P, Tandon A, Patte C, Genet M, Hasbani K, Greil G, Chapelle D, Chabiniok R, Can J Cardiol 2021 Jun
- Left Ventricular Torsion Obtained Using Equilibrated Warping in Patients with Repaired Tetralogy of Fallot.
- Castellanos DA, Škardová K, Bhattaru A, Berberoglu E, Greil G, Tandon A, Dillenbeck J, Burkhardt B, Hussain T, Genet M, Chabiniok R, Pediatr Cardiol 2021 Apr
- Non-Newtonian turbulent flow through aortic phantom: Experimental and computational study using magnetic resonance imaging and lattice Boltzmann method
- P. Eichler, R. Galabov, R. Fucik, K. Skardova, T. Oberhuber, P. Paus, J. Tintera, R. Chabiniok Computers and Mathematics with Application 2023 136 80-94
- Clinical applications of Pressure-Volume assessment in congenital heart disease
- G. Hiremath, S. Batlivala, R. Callahan, N. Thatte, T. Rockefeller, H. Nawaytou, S. V. Reddy, T. Hussain, R. Chabiniok, R. Butts, J. Vettukattil, E. O. Aregullin, N. Aldweib, D. Burkhoff, M. I. Brener Journal of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography & Interventions 2023
- Biomechanical model to aid surgical planning in complex congenital heart diseases
- M. Gusseva, N. Thatte, D.A. Castellanos, P.E. Hammer, S. Ghelani, R. Callahan, T. Hussain, R. Chabiniok LNCS 2023 13958 616–625
- Effect of spatial and temporal resolution on the accuracy of motion tracking using 2D and 3D cine cardiac magnetic resonance imaging
- K. Skardova, T. Hussain, M. Genet, R. Chabiniok LNCS 2023 13958
- In Silico Modelling of Aortic Strain and Strain Rate in Aortic Coarctation Treated with Stent Angioplasty with Comparison to Clinical Cohorts
- N. Gaddum, D. Dillon-Murphy, R. Arm, I. Rafiq, R. Chabiniok, G. Morgan, T. Schaeffter, T. Hussain Applications in Engineering Science 2022
Translational Cardiovascular Modeling, Tetralogy of Fallot and Modeling of Diseases. In Modeling Biomaterials
Chabiniok R, Skardová K, Galabov R, Eichler P, Gusseva M, Fucík R, Janousek J, Tintera J, Oberhuber T, Hussain T (2021). Switzerland, Birkhäuser
Multiscale Modelling of Cardiac Perfusion. In Modeling the heart and the circulatory system
J. Lee, A. Cookson, R. Chabiniok, S. Rivolo, E. Hyde, M. Sinclair, C. Michler, T. Sochi, N. Smith: (2015). Switzerland, Springer
Honors & Awards
- Virtual Physiological Human (VPH) institute
Best poster award at VPH 2020 conference for PhD candidate Maria Gusseva (my role: PhD supervisor) (2020)
- 3rd Place at Czech and Slovak Student Scientific Conference in Mathematics (category: Applied Mathematics)
Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovak Republic (2006)
- French Embassy in Czech Republic
2nd Prix de Médicine (a month scientific visit at MRI research centre, University Paris-Sud, hosted by Prof. J. Bittoun) (2006)