James Chang, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Dr. Chang practices Internal Medicine. He is currently interested in obesity-related health issues and the intersection of technology and medicine. Dr. Chang’s outside interests include biking, world cuisine, and travel with environmental interests. Before medicine, Dr. Chang was involved in information technology and had worked as a consultant for financial firms. Dr. Chang came from John Peter Smith Hospital where he served as a hospitalist for three years. He came to UTSW to pursue academic and teaching goals.
- Medical School
- SUNY Upstate Medical University (2013)
- NYU Winthrop Hospital (2016), Internal Medicine
- Technology and Healthcare
- Selection of axial growth sites in yeast requires Axl2p, a novel plasma membrane glycoprotein.
- Roemer T, Madden K, Chang J, Snyder M, Genes Dev. 1996 Apr 10 7 777-93
- American Board of Obesity Medicine (2019)
- American College of Physicians (2016)
- Texas Medical Association (2016)