Dr. MinJae Lee joined Department of Population & Data Sciences and Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center as an Associate Professor in March, 2020. Prior to joining UTSW, she served as an Associate/Assistant Professor of Biostatistics in Division of Clinical & Translational Sciences at University of Texas McGovern Medical School, UTHealth (2012-2020), and a Research Instructor of Biostatistics at School of Medicine, Magee-Womens Research Institute, University of Pittsburgh (2010-2012). Dr. Lee received her Ph.D. degree in Biostatistics at Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh in 2010.
Dr. Lee has developed successful collaborations with research investigators of various specialties and actively participated in publications and grant submissions for the various studies that involve the application of advanced statistical analysis methods. As a result of her extensive collaborative/scientific research activities including cancer prevention/behavioral intervention trials, acute/chronic disease biomarkers analysis, maternal/child health studies, and multi-site longitudinal studies, Dr. Lee became familiar with varying levels of statistical/epidemiological challenges in analyzing complex data; she identified the areas requiring methodologic development and provided solutions to address clinically relevant questions by developing innovative statistical methods and illustrating their proper applications to real data. Dr. Lee developed multiple statistical approaches based on quantile regression, non-/semi-parametric statistical methods or Bayesian methodology to deal with various types of measurement errors in self-reported data, truncated/censored values due to limit of detections in biomarkers or environmental measurements, missing values in longitudinal/multi-level data under various mechanisms. She has also contributed to the university through teaching and serving on committees across campuses. She is a member of American Statistical Associations and an active reviewer/associate editor of several statistical and clinical journals.
- Development of statistical methods for analyzing censored/truncated biomarkers or environmental measurements subject to detection limits
- Imputation/estimation methods development for handling missing and/or censored values in longitudinal data
- Measurement errors in self-reported data
- Methodology for data management/quality assurance
- Multi-level/longitudinal data analysis methods
- Semi-/non-parametric statistical methods
- Statistical analysis and design for cancer prevention/behavioral intervention trials
- Statistical challenges of epidemiological research in maternal/child health
- Translational research
- Median Regression for Longitudinal Left-censored Biomarker Data subject to Detection Limit.
- Lee M, Kong L Statistics in biopharmaceutical research 2011 2 3 363-371
- The effect of antiretroviral therapy guideline change on health outcomes among youth living with HIV in Uganda.
- Nakalema HS, Rajan SS, Morgan RO, Lee M, Gillespie SL, Kekitiinwa A, AIDS Care 2020 Oct 1-10
- Interaction of Blood Manganese Concentrations with GSTT1 in Relation to Autism Spectrum Disorder in Jamaican Children.
- Rahbar MH, Samms-Vaughan M, Saroukhani S, Lee M, Zhang J, Bressler J, Hessabi M, Shakespeare-Pellington S, Grove ML, Loveland KA, J Autism Dev Disord 2020 Sep
- Association of Polychlorinated Biphenyls and Organochlorine Pesticides with Autism Spectrum Disorder in Jamaican Children.
- Bach MA, Samms-Vaughan M, Hessabi M, Bressler J, Lee M, Zhang J, Shakespeare-Pellington S, Grove ML, Loveland KA, Rahbar MH, Res Autism Spectr Disord 2020 Aug 76
- Genomewide Association Study of Acute Anterior Uveitis Identifies New Susceptibility Loci.
- Huang XF, Li Z, De Guzman E, Robinson P, Gensler L, Ward MM, Rahbar MH, Lee M, Weisman MH, Macfarlane GJ, Jones GT, Klingberg E, Forsblad-d'Elia H, McCluskey P, Wakefield D, Coombes JS, Fiatarone Singh MA, Mavros Y, Vlahovich N, Hughes DC, Marzo-Ortega H, Van der Horste-Bruinsma I, O'Shea F, Martin TM, Rosenbaum J, Breban M, Jin ZB, Leo P, Reveille JD, Wordsworth BP, Brown MA, Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2020 Jun 61 6 3
- Stromal reactivity differentially drives tumour cell evolution and prostate cancer progression.
- Frankenstein Z, Basanta D, Franco OE, Gao Y, Javier RA, Strand DW, Lee M, Hayward SW, Ayala G, Anderson ARA, Nat Ecol Evol 2020 May
- Longitudinal associations between depressive symptoms and clinical factors in ankylosing spondylitis patients: analysis from an observational cohort.
- Hwang MC, Lee MJ, Gensler LS, Ward MM, Brown MA, Eisen S, Learch TJ, Tahanan A, Rahbar MH, Ishimori ML, Weisman MH, Reveille JD, Rheumatol. Int. 2020 Mar
- Delayed gratification and adherence to exercise among patients with claudication.
- Sharath SE, Lee M, Kougias P, Taylor WC, Zamani N, Barshes NR, Vasc Med 2019 Dec 24 6 519-527
- Perinatal Factors Associated with Autism Spectrum Disorder in Jamaican Children.
- Saroukhani S, Samms-Vaughan M, Lee M, Bach MA, Bressler J, Hessabi M, Grove ML, Shakespeare-Pellington S, Loveland KA, Rahbar MH, J Autism Dev Disord 2019 Sep
- Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug use is Associated with Incident Hypertension in Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- Liew JW, Ward MM, Reveille JD, Weisman M, Brown MA, Lee M, Rahbar M, Heckbert SR, Gensler LS, Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2019 Sep