Dr. Wyckoff earned her engineering science degree from Trinity University in San Antonio, TX. She then came to UTSW Medical Center at Dallas for medical school and subsequently stayed for General Pediatrics training. She remained at UTSW for Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine training and worked under Phil Shaul, MD on a project which elucidated how plasma membrane estrogen receptors are coupled to eNOS production via G-protein signaling. Upon completion of sub-specialty training she joined the faculty of UTSW Pediatrics Department to become the director of Newborn Resuscitation Services at Parkland Memorial Hospital, a large, urban county hospital with over 12,000 deliveries annually. She developed and coordinates an educational rotation in newborn resuscitation for the senior pediatric house-officer, 2nd year emergency medicine residents, neonatal-perinatal medicine fellows and OB anesthesia fellows. In addition, she oversees the continued development of the high-risk neonatal resuscitation team. Dr. Wyckoff maintains and utilizes one of the most comprehensive neonatal resuscitation databases in the country to continually try to improve neonatal resuscitation processes locally and nationally. Prospective resuscitation protocols are studied in the delivery room and she has developed a neonatal piglet model of asphyxia-induced hypotension/bradycardia and asphyxia-induced asystole to better elucidate the hemodynamics and optimize resuscitation strategies during CPR in the controlled setting of the laboratory. She has served on the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation, Newborn Subsection since 2003 and is currently chair of the Neonatal Life Support Task Force. She has served on the American Academy of Pediatrics Neonatal Resuscitation Program Steering Committee since 2006 and recently completed a term as Co-chair. Since 2013 she has served as UTSW site PI for the NICHD Neonatal Research Network.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1994)
- Children's Health Dallas (1995), Pediatrics
- Children's Health Dallas (1997), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2000), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine
- Neonatal Research Network
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- Delayed onset of cardiac compressions in cardiopulmonary resuscitation of newborn pigs with asphyctic cardiac arrest.
- Dannevig I, Solevåg AL, Wyckoff M, Saugstad OD, Nakstad B Neonatology 2011 99 2 153-62
- Neonatal resuscitation: 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
- Kattwinkel J, Perlman JM, Aziz K, Colby C, Fairchild K, Gallagher J, Hazinski MF, Halamek LP, Kumar P, Little G, McGowan JE, Nightengale B, Ramirez MM, Ringer S, Simon WM, Weiner GM, Wyckoff M, Zaichkin J Pediatrics 2010 Nov 126 5 e1400-13
- Neonatal resuscitation: 2010 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science with Treatment Recommendations.
- Perlman JM, Wyllie J, Kattwinkel J, Atkins DL, Chameides L, Goldsmith JP, Guinsburg R, Hazinski MF, Morley C, Richmond S, Simon WM, Singhal N, Szyld E, Tamura M, Velaphi S Pediatrics 2010 Nov 126 5 e1319-44
- Extended series of cardiac compressions during CPR in a swine model of perinatal asphyxia.
- Solevåg AL, Dannevig I, Wyckoff M, Saugstad OD, Nakstad B Resuscitation 2010 Nov 81 11 1571-6
- Part 15: neonatal resuscitation: 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
- Kattwinkel J, Perlman JM, Aziz K, Colby C, Fairchild K, Gallagher J, Hazinski MF, Halamek LP, Kumar P, Little G, McGowan JE, Nightengale B, Ramirez MM, Ringer S, Simon WM, Weiner GM, Wyckoff M, Zaichkin J Circulation 2010 Nov 122 18 Suppl 3 S909-19
- Enterovirus is not present in placentas from cases of perinatal depression using polymerase chain reaction analysis.
- Cover J, Popek E, Wyckoff M, Leos NK, Rogers BB Pediatr. Dev. Pathol. 2009 May-Jun 12 3 177-9
- Optimizing chest compressions during delivery-room resuscitation.
- Wyckoff MH, Berg RA Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 2008 Dec 13 6 410-5
- Randomized trial of volume infusion during resuscitation of asphyxiated neonatal piglets.
- Wyckoff M, Garcia D, Margraf L, Perlman J, Laptook A Pediatr. Res. 2007 Apr 61 4 415-20
- Use and efficacy of endotracheal versus intravenous epinephrine during neonatal cardiopulmonary resuscitation in the delivery room.
- Barber CA, Wyckoff MH Pediatrics 2006 Sep 118 3 1028-34
- Use of high-dose epinephrine and sodium bicarbonate during neonatal resuscitation: is there proven benefit?
- Wyckoff MH, Perlman JM Clin Perinatol 2006 Mar 33 1 141-51, viii-ix
Delivery Room Resuscitation. In Rudolph CD, Rudolph AM, Lister G, First LR, Gershon AA, eds. Rudolph's Pediatrics. 23nd ed.
Foglia EE, Wyckoff MH. (2018). New York City, NY, McGraw-Hill;
Respiratory and Cardiovascular Support in the Delivery Room. In Bancalari E, ed. The Newborn Lung: Neonatology Questions and Controversies. 3rd ed.
Weiner G, Hooper S, Davis PG, Wyckoff MH. (2018). Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders; .
Chest Compression, Medications, and Special Problems in Neonatal Resuscitation. In Martin RJ, Fanaroff AA, Walsh MC, eds. Fanaroff and Martin's Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. 11th ed.
Kapadia VS, Wyckoff MH. (2019). Philadelphia, PA, Elsevier Saunders.
The Preterm Newborn. In Cunningham G. ed. Williams Obstetrics 25th ed.
Wyckoff MH. (2018). New York, NY, McGraw-Hill
Delivery Room Resuscitation of the Newborn infant. In Rudolph's Pediatrics, 23rd ed, Kline MW, Blaney SM, Giardino AP, Oange JS, Penny DJ, Schutze GE, Shekerdemian LS, eds.
Foglia EE. Wyckoff MH (2018). New York, NY, McGraw-Hill Education; 190-196
The Newborn. In Williams Obstetrics, 25th ed, Cunningham FG, Leveno KJ, Bloom SL, Dashe JS, Hoffman BL, Casey BM, Spong CY, eds.
Wyckoff MH (2018). New York, NY, McGraw-Hill Education; 606-618
The Preterm Newborn. In Williams Obstetrics, 25th ed, Cunningham FG, Leveno KJ, Bloom SL, Dashe JS, Hoffman BL, Casey BM, Spong CY, eds.
Wyckoff MH (2018). New York, NY, McGraw-Hill Education; 636-643
Honors & Awards
- Chair, Neonatal Life Support Task Force
International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (2015-2020)
- Editorial Board
- Elected Co-Chair of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program Steering Committee
American Academy of Pediatrics (2011-2015)
- Elected to Perinatal Research Society
- Elected to Society for Pediatric Research
Medical Academic Honor Society (1994)
- Acute Care Rotation Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Medical School (2007, 2009)
- Pediatric Faculty Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Pediatric Program Residents (2006, 2008, 2011)
- Perinatal Research Society (2008)
- Society for Pediatric Research (2007)
- American Heart Association (2006)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2000)