Dr. Wyckoff earned her engineering science degree from Trinity University in San Antonio, TX. She then came to UTSW Medical Center at Dallas for medical school and subsequently stayed for General Pediatrics training. She remained at UTSW for Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine training and worked under Phil Shaul, MD on a project which elucidated how plasma membrane estrogen receptors are coupled to eNOS production via G-protein signaling. Upon completion of sub-specialty training she joined the faculty of UTSW Pediatrics Department to become the director of Newborn Resuscitation Services at Parkland Memorial Hospital, a large, urban county hospital with over 12,000 deliveries annually. She developed and coordinates an educational rotation in newborn resuscitation for the senior pediatric house-officer, 2nd year emergency medicine residents, neonatal-perinatal medicine fellows and OB anesthesia fellows. In addition, she oversees the continued development of the high-risk neonatal resuscitation team. Dr. Wyckoff maintains and utilizes one of the most comprehensive neonatal resuscitation databases in the country to continually try to improve neonatal resuscitation processes locally and nationally. Prospective resuscitation protocols are studied in the delivery room and she has developed a neonatal piglet model of asphyxia-induced hypotension/bradycardia and asphyxia-induced asystole to better elucidate the hemodynamics and optimize resuscitation strategies during CPR in the controlled setting of the laboratory. She has served on the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation, Newborn Subsection since 2003 and is currently chair of the Neonatal Life Support Task Force. She has served on the American Academy of Pediatrics Neonatal Resuscitation Program Steering Committee since 2006 and recently completed a term as Co-chair. Since 2013 she has served as UTSW site PI for the NICHD Neonatal Research Network.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1994)
- Children's Health Dallas (1995), Pediatrics
- Children's Health Dallas (1997), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2000), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine
- Neonatal Research Network
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- Epinephrine Use during Newborn Resuscitation.
- Kapadia VS, Wyckoff MH Front Pediatr 2017 5 97
- Hemodynamics and gas exchange during chest compressions in neonatal resuscitation.
- Vali P, Chandrasekharan P, Rawat M, Gugino S, Koenigsknecht C, Helman J, Mathew B, Berkelhamer S, Nair J, Wyckoff M, Lakshminrusimha S PLoS ONE 2017 12 4 e0176478
- Perinatal management: What has been learned through the network?
- Chawla S, Foglia EE, Kapadia V, Wyckoff MH Semin. Perinatol. 2016 Aug
- Outcomes of Extremely Preterm Infants Born to Insulin-Dependent Diabetic Mothers.
- Boghossian NS, Hansen NI, Bell EF, Brumbaugh JE, Stoll BJ, Laptook AR, Shankaran S, Wyckoff MH, Colaizy TT, Das A, Higgins RD Pediatrics 2016 May
- Part 1: Executive Summary: 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
- Neumar RW, Shuster M, Callaway CW, Gent LM, Atkins DL, Bhanji F, Brooks SC, de Caen AR, Donnino MW, Ferrer JM, Kleinman ME, Kronick SL, Lavonas EJ, Link MS, Mancini ME, Morrison LJ, O'Connor RE, Samson RA, Schexnayder SM, Singletary EM, Sinz EH, Travers AH, Wyckoff MH, Hazinski MF Circulation 2015 Nov 132 18 Suppl 2 S315-67
- Trends in Care Practices, Morbidity, and Mortality of Extremely Preterm Neonates, 1993-2012.
- Stoll BJ, Hansen NI, Bell EF, Walsh MC, Carlo WA, Shankaran S, Laptook AR, Sánchez PJ, Van Meurs KP, Wyckoff M, Das A, Hale EC, Ball MB, Newman NS, Schibler K, Poindexter BB, Kennedy KA, Cotten CM, Watterberg KL, D'Angio CT, DeMauro SB, Truog WE, Devaskar U, Higgins RD JAMA 2015 Sep 314 10 1039-51
- Effect of depth and duration of cooling on deaths in the NICU among neonates with hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy: a randomized clinical trial.
- Shankaran S, Laptook AR, Pappas A, McDonald SA, Das A, Tyson JE, Poindexter BB, Schibler K, Bell EF, Heyne RJ, Pedroza C, Bara R, Van Meurs KP, Grisby C, Huitema CM, Garg M, Ehrenkranz RA, Shepherd EG, Chalak LF, Hamrick SE, Khan AM, Reynolds AM, Laughon MM, Truog WE, Dysart KC, Carlo WA, Walsh MC, Watterberg KL, Higgins RD JAMA 2014 Dec 24-31 312 24 2629-39
- Change in practice after the Surfactant, Positive Pressure and Oxygenation Randomised Trial.
- LeVan JM, Brion LP, Wrage LA, Gantz MG, Wyckoff MH, Sánchez PJ, Heyne R, Jaleel M, Finer NN, Carlo WA, Das A, Stoll BJ, Higgins RD Arch. Dis. Child. Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2014 May
- Initial resuscitation and stabilization of the periviable neonate: The Golden-Hour approach.
- Wyckoff MH Semin. Perinatol. 2014 Feb 38 1 12-6
- Neonatal resuscitation guidelines versus the reality of the delivery room.
- Wyckoff MH J. Pediatr. 2013 Dec 163 6 1542-3
Delivery Room Resuscitation. In Rudolph CD, Rudolph AM, Lister G, First LR, Gershon AA, eds. Rudolph's Pediatrics. 23nd ed.
Foglia EE, Wyckoff MH. (2018). New York City, NY, McGraw-Hill;
Respiratory and Cardiovascular Support in the Delivery Room. In Bancalari E, ed. The Newborn Lung: Neonatology Questions and Controversies. 3rd ed.
Weiner G, Hooper S, Davis PG, Wyckoff MH. (2018). Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders; .
Chest Compression, Medications, and Special Problems in Neonatal Resuscitation. In Martin RJ, Fanaroff AA, Walsh MC, eds. Fanaroff and Martin's Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. 11th ed.
Kapadia VS, Wyckoff MH. (2019). Philadelphia, PA, Elsevier Saunders.
The Preterm Newborn. In Cunningham G. ed. Williams Obstetrics 25th ed.
Wyckoff MH. (2018). New York, NY, McGraw-Hill
Delivery Room Resuscitation of the Newborn infant. In Rudolph's Pediatrics, 23rd ed, Kline MW, Blaney SM, Giardino AP, Oange JS, Penny DJ, Schutze GE, Shekerdemian LS, eds.
Foglia EE. Wyckoff MH (2018). New York, NY, McGraw-Hill Education; 190-196
The Newborn. In Williams Obstetrics, 25th ed, Cunningham FG, Leveno KJ, Bloom SL, Dashe JS, Hoffman BL, Casey BM, Spong CY, eds.
Wyckoff MH (2018). New York, NY, McGraw-Hill Education; 606-618
The Preterm Newborn. In Williams Obstetrics, 25th ed, Cunningham FG, Leveno KJ, Bloom SL, Dashe JS, Hoffman BL, Casey BM, Spong CY, eds.
Wyckoff MH (2018). New York, NY, McGraw-Hill Education; 636-643
Honors & Awards
- Chair, Neonatal Life Support Task Force
International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (2015-2020)
- Editorial Board
- Elected Co-Chair of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program Steering Committee
American Academy of Pediatrics (2011-2015)
- Elected to Perinatal Research Society
- Elected to Society for Pediatric Research
Medical Academic Honor Society (1994)
- Acute Care Rotation Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Medical School (2007, 2009)
- Pediatric Faculty Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Pediatric Program Residents (2006, 2008, 2011)
- Perinatal Research Society (2008)
- Society for Pediatric Research (2007)
- American Heart Association (2006)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2000)