Dr. Wyckoff earned her engineering science degree from Trinity University in San Antonio, TX. She then came to UTSW Medical Center at Dallas for medical school and subsequently stayed for General Pediatrics training. She remained at UTSW for Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine training and worked under Phil Shaul, MD on a project which elucidated how plasma membrane estrogen receptors are coupled to eNOS production via G-protein signaling. Upon completion of sub-specialty training she joined the faculty of UTSW Pediatrics Department to become the director of Newborn Resuscitation Services at Parkland Memorial Hospital, a large, urban county hospital with over 12,000 deliveries annually. She developed and coordinates an educational rotation in newborn resuscitation for the senior pediatric house-officer, 2nd year emergency medicine residents, neonatal-perinatal medicine fellows and OB anesthesia fellows. In addition, she oversees the continued development of the high-risk neonatal resuscitation team. Dr. Wyckoff maintains and utilizes one of the most comprehensive neonatal resuscitation databases in the country to continually try to improve neonatal resuscitation processes locally and nationally. Prospective resuscitation protocols are studied in the delivery room and she has developed a neonatal piglet model of asphyxia-induced hypotension/bradycardia and asphyxia-induced asystole to better elucidate the hemodynamics and optimize resuscitation strategies during CPR in the controlled setting of the laboratory. She has served on the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation, Newborn Subsection since 2003 and is currently chair of the Neonatal Life Support Task Force. She has served on the American Academy of Pediatrics Neonatal Resuscitation Program Steering Committee since 2006 and recently completed a term as Co-chair. Since 2013 she has served as UTSW site PI for the NICHD Neonatal Research Network.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1994)
- Children's Health Dallas (1995), Pediatrics
- Children's Health Dallas (1997), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2000), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine
- Neonatal Research Network
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- Oxygen Therapy in the Delivery Room: What Is the Right Dose?
- Kapadia V, Wyckoff MH Clin Perinatol 2018 Jun 45 2 293-306
- Outcome of Preterm Infants with Transient Cystic Periventricular Leukomalacia on Serial Cranial Imaging Up to Term Equivalent Age.
- Sarkar S, Shankaran S, Barks J, Do BT, Laptook AR, Das A, Ambalavanan N, Van Meurs KP, Bell EF, Sanchez PJ, Hintz SR, Wyckoff MH, Stoll BJ, Carlo WA J. Pediatr. 2018 Feb
- Antecedents and Outcomes of Abnormal Cranial Imaging in Moderately Preterm Infants.
- Natarajan G, Shankaran S, Saha S, Laptook A, Das A, Higgins R, Stoll BJ, Bell EF, Carlo WA, D'Angio C, DeMauro SB, Sanchez P, Van Meurs K, Vohr B, Newman N, Hale E, Walsh M J. Pediatr. 2018 Jan
- Neurodevelopmental and Behavioral Outcomes in Extremely Premature Neonates With Ventriculomegaly in the Absence of Periventricular-Intraventricular Hemorrhage.
- Pappas A, Adams-Chapman I, Shankaran S, McDonald SA, Stoll BJ, Laptook AR, Carlo WA, Van Meurs KP, Hintz SR, Carlson MD, Brumbaugh JE, Walsh MC, Wyckoff MH, Das A, Higgins RD JAMA Pediatr 2017 Nov
- Identification of Extremely Premature Infants at Low Risk for Early-Onset Sepsis.
- Puopolo KM, Mukhopadhyay S, Hansen NI, Cotten CM, Stoll BJ, Sanchez PJ, Bell EF, Das A, Hensman AM, Van Meurs KP, Wyckoff MH Pediatrics 2017 Oct
- The International Liaison Committee for Resuscitation-Review of the last 25 years and vision for the future.
- Perkins GD, Neumar R, Monsieurs KG, Lim SH, Castren M, Nolan JP, Nadkarni V, Montgomery B, Steen P, Cummins R, Chamberlain D, Aickin R, de Caen A, Wang TL, Stanton D, Escalante R, Callaway CW, Soar J, Olasveengen T, Maconochie I, Wyckoff M, Greif R, Singletary EM, O'Connor R, Iwami T, Morrison L, Morley P, Lang E, Bossaert L Resuscitation 2017 Oct
- Effect of Therapeutic Hypothermia Initiated After 6 Hours of Age on Death or Disability Among Newborns With Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Laptook AR, Shankaran S, Tyson JE, Munoz B, Bell EF, Goldberg RN, Parikh NA, Ambalavanan N, Pedroza C, Pappas A, Das A, Chaudhary AS, Ehrenkranz RA, Hensman AM, Van Meurs KP, Chalak LF, Hamrick SEG, Sokol GM, Walsh MC, Poindexter BB, Faix RG, Watterberg KL, Frantz ID, Guillet R, Devaskar U, Truog WE, Chock VY, Wyckoff MH, McGowan EC, Carlton DP, Harmon HM, Brumbaugh JE, Cotten CM, Sánchez PJ, Hibbs AM, Higgins RD JAMA 2017 10 318 16 1550-1560
- Barriers to enrollment in a randomized controlled trial of hydrocortisone for cardiovascular insufficiency in term and late preterm newborn infants.
- Watterberg KL, Fernandez E, Walsh MC, Truog WE, Stoll BJ, Sokol GM, Kennedy KA, Fraga MV, Beauman SS, Carper B, Das A, Duncan AF, Buss WF, Gauldin C, Lacy CB, Sanchez PJ, Chawla S, Lakshminrusimha S, Cotten CM, Van Meurs KP, Poindexter BB, Bell EF, Carlo WA, Devaskar U, Wyckoff MH, Higgins RD J Perinatol 2017 Sep
- Efficacy of pharmacologic closure of patent ductus arteriosus in small-for-gestational-age extremely preterm infants.
- Boghossian NS, Do BT, Bell EF, Dagle JM, Brumbaugh JE, Stoll BJ, Vohr BR, Das A, Shankaran S, Sanchez PJ, Wyckoff MH, Bethany Ball M Early Hum. Dev. 2017 Jul 113 10-17
- Evaluation of Timing and Route of Epinephrine in a Neonatal Model of Asphyxial Arrest.
- Vali P, Chandrasekharan P, Rawat M, Gugino S, Koenigsknecht C, Helman J, Jusko WJ, Mathew B, Berkelhamer S, Nair J, Wyckoff MH, Lakshminrusimha S J Am Heart Assoc 2017 Feb 6 2
Delivery Room Resuscitation. In Rudolph CD, Rudolph AM, Lister G, First LR, Gershon AA, eds. Rudolph's Pediatrics. 23nd ed.
Foglia EE, Wyckoff MH. (2018). New York City, NY, McGraw-Hill;
Respiratory and Cardiovascular Support in the Delivery Room. In Bancalari E, ed. The Newborn Lung: Neonatology Questions and Controversies. 3rd ed.
Weiner G, Hooper S, Davis PG, Wyckoff MH. (2018). Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders; .
Chest Compression, Medications, and Special Problems in Neonatal Resuscitation. In Martin RJ, Fanaroff AA, Walsh MC, eds. Fanaroff and Martin's Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. 11th ed.
Kapadia VS, Wyckoff MH. (2019). Philadelphia, PA, Elsevier Saunders.
The Preterm Newborn. In Cunningham G. ed. Williams Obstetrics 25th ed.
Wyckoff MH. (2018). New York, NY, McGraw-Hill
Delivery Room Resuscitation of the Newborn infant. In Rudolph's Pediatrics, 23rd ed, Kline MW, Blaney SM, Giardino AP, Oange JS, Penny DJ, Schutze GE, Shekerdemian LS, eds.
Foglia EE. Wyckoff MH (2018). New York, NY, McGraw-Hill Education; 190-196
The Newborn. In Williams Obstetrics, 25th ed, Cunningham FG, Leveno KJ, Bloom SL, Dashe JS, Hoffman BL, Casey BM, Spong CY, eds.
Wyckoff MH (2018). New York, NY, McGraw-Hill Education; 606-618
The Preterm Newborn. In Williams Obstetrics, 25th ed, Cunningham FG, Leveno KJ, Bloom SL, Dashe JS, Hoffman BL, Casey BM, Spong CY, eds.
Wyckoff MH (2018). New York, NY, McGraw-Hill Education; 636-643
Honors & Awards
- Chair, Neonatal Life Support Task Force
International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (2015-2020)
- Editorial Board
- Elected Co-Chair of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program Steering Committee
American Academy of Pediatrics (2011-2015)
- Elected to Perinatal Research Society
- Elected to Society for Pediatric Research
Medical Academic Honor Society (1994)
- Acute Care Rotation Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Medical School (2007, 2009)
- Pediatric Faculty Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Pediatric Program Residents (2006, 2008, 2011)
- Perinatal Research Society (2008)
- Society for Pediatric Research (2007)
- American Heart Association (2006)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2000)