Dr. Wyckoff earned her engineering science degree from Trinity University in San Antonio, TX. She then came to UTSW Medical Center at Dallas for medical school and subsequently stayed for General Pediatrics training. She remained at UTSW for Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine training and worked under Phil Shaul, MD on a project which elucidated how plasma membrane estrogen receptors are coupled to eNOS production via G-protein signaling. Upon completion of sub-specialty training she joined the faculty of UTSW Pediatrics Department to become the director of Newborn Resuscitation Services at Parkland Memorial Hospital, a large, urban county hospital with over 12,000 deliveries annually. She developed and coordinates an educational rotation in newborn resuscitation for the senior pediatric house-officer, 2nd year emergency medicine residents, neonatal-perinatal medicine fellows and OB anesthesia fellows. In addition, she oversees the continued development of the high-risk neonatal resuscitation team. Dr. Wyckoff maintains and utilizes one of the most comprehensive neonatal resuscitation databases in the country to continually try to improve neonatal resuscitation processes locally and nationally. Prospective resuscitation protocols are studied in the delivery room and she has developed a neonatal piglet model of asphyxia-induced hypotension/bradycardia and asphyxia-induced asystole to better elucidate the hemodynamics and optimize resuscitation strategies during CPR in the controlled setting of the laboratory. She has served on the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation, Newborn Subsection since 2003 and is currently chair of the Neonatal Life Support Task Force. She has served on the American Academy of Pediatrics Neonatal Resuscitation Program Steering Committee since 2006 and recently completed a term as Co-chair. Since 2013 she has served as UTSW site PI for the NICHD Neonatal Research Network.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1994)
- Children's Health Dallas (1995), Pediatrics
- Children's Health Dallas (1997), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2000), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine
- Neonatal Research Network
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- Delivery Room Resuscitation and Short-Term Outcomes in Moderately Preterm Infants.
- Bajaj M, Natarajan G, Shankaran S, Wyckoff M, Laptook AR, Bell EF, Stoll BJ, Carlo WA, Vohr BR, Saha S, Van Meurs KP, Sanchez PJ, D'Angio CT, Higgins RD, Das A, Newman N, Walsh MC J. Pediatr. 2018 Jan
- Admission Temperature and Associated Mortality and Morbidity among Moderately and Extremely Preterm Infants.
- Laptook AR, Bell EF, Shankaran S, Boghossian NS, Wyckoff MH, Kandefer S, Walsh M, Saha S, Higgins R J. Pediatr. 2018 Jan 192 53-59.e2
- Impact of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program-Recommended Low Oxygen Strategy on Outcomes of Infants Born Preterm.
- Kapadia VS, Lal CV, Kakkilaya V, Heyne R, Savani RC, Wyckoff MH J. Pediatr. 2017 Dec 191 35-41
- Efficacy of Intravenous and Endotracheal Epinephrine during Neonatal Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation in the Delivery Room.
- Halling C, Sparks JE, Christie L, Wyckoff MH J. Pediatr. 2017 Mar
- The impact of ambient operating room temperature on neonatal and maternal hypothermia and associated morbidities: a randomized controlled trial.
- Duryea EL, Nelson DB, Wyckoff MH, Grant EN, Tao W, Sadana N, Chalak LF, McIntire DD, Leveno KJ Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2016 Feb
- Part 13: Neonatal Resuscitation: 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
- Wyckoff MH, Aziz K, Escobedo MB, Kapadia VS, Kattwinkel J, Perlman JM, Simon WM, Weiner GM, Zaichkin JG Circulation 2015 Nov 132 18 Suppl 2 S543-60
- Part 7: Neonatal Resuscitation: 2015 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science With Treatment Recommendations.
- Perlman JM, Wyllie J, Kattwinkel J, Wyckoff MH, Aziz K, Guinsburg R, Kim HS, Liley HG, Mildenhall L, Simon WM, Szyld E, Tamura M, Velaphi S Circulation 2015 Oct 132 16 Suppl 1 S204-41
- Outcome of extremely low birth weight infants who received delivery room cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Wyckoff MH, Salhab WA, Heyne RJ, Kendrick DE, Stoll BJ, Laptook AR J. Pediatr. 2012 Feb 160 2 239-244.e2
- Initial Oxygen Concentration for Term Neonatal Resuscitation
- Isayama T, Dawson JA, Roehr CC, Rabi Y, Weiner GM, Aziz K, Kapadia VS, de Almeida MF, Trevisanuto D, Mildenhall L, Liley HG, Hosono S, Kim HS, Szyld E, Perlman JM, Velaphi S, Guinsburg R, Welsford M, Nishiyama C, Wyllie JP, Wyckoff MH ILCOR 2018 Nov
- Animal models in neonatal resuscitation research: What can they teach us?
- Hooper SB, Te Pas AB, Polglase GR, Wyckoff M, Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 2018 10 23 5 300-305
Delivery Room Resuscitation. In Rudolph CD, Rudolph AM, Lister G, First LR, Gershon AA, eds. Rudolph's Pediatrics. 23nd ed.
Foglia EE, Wyckoff MH. (2018). New York City, NY, McGraw-Hill;
Respiratory and Cardiovascular Support in the Delivery Room. In Bancalari E, ed. The Newborn Lung: Neonatology Questions and Controversies. 3rd ed.
Weiner G, Hooper S, Davis PG, Wyckoff MH. (2018). Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders; .
Chest Compression, Medications, and Special Problems in Neonatal Resuscitation. In Martin RJ, Fanaroff AA, Walsh MC, eds. Fanaroff and Martin's Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. 11th ed.
Kapadia VS, Wyckoff MH. (2019). Philadelphia, PA, Elsevier Saunders.
The Preterm Newborn. In Cunningham G. ed. Williams Obstetrics 25th ed.
Wyckoff MH. (2018). New York, NY, McGraw-Hill
Delivery Room Resuscitation of the Newborn infant. In Rudolph's Pediatrics, 23rd ed, Kline MW, Blaney SM, Giardino AP, Oange JS, Penny DJ, Schutze GE, Shekerdemian LS, eds.
Foglia EE. Wyckoff MH (2018). New York, NY, McGraw-Hill Education; 190-196
The Newborn. In Williams Obstetrics, 25th ed, Cunningham FG, Leveno KJ, Bloom SL, Dashe JS, Hoffman BL, Casey BM, Spong CY, eds.
Wyckoff MH (2018). New York, NY, McGraw-Hill Education; 606-618
The Preterm Newborn. In Williams Obstetrics, 25th ed, Cunningham FG, Leveno KJ, Bloom SL, Dashe JS, Hoffman BL, Casey BM, Spong CY, eds.
Wyckoff MH (2018). New York, NY, McGraw-Hill Education; 636-643
Honors & Awards
- Chair, Neonatal Life Support Task Force
International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (2015-2020)
- Editorial Board
- Elected Co-Chair of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program Steering Committee
American Academy of Pediatrics (2011-2015)
- Elected to Perinatal Research Society
- Elected to Society for Pediatric Research
Medical Academic Honor Society (1994)
- Acute Care Rotation Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Medical School (2007, 2009)
- Pediatric Faculty Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Pediatric Program Residents (2006, 2008, 2011)
- Perinatal Research Society (2008)
- Society for Pediatric Research (2007)
- American Heart Association (2006)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2000)