Dr. Vishal P. Kapadia, DO grew up in Chicago, Illinois, where he completed his degree in Biomedical Engineering at Northwestern University and Internal Medicine Residency at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital. He worked as a Hospitalist in St. Louis, Missouri at Missouri Baptist Medical Center, and later moved to Kansas City, Missouri to complete his Hospice and Palliative Care Fellowship at Kansas University Medical Center in Kansas City, Kansas. Dr. Kapadia brings to UT Southwestern his strong desire to improve patient care through quality improvement projects and patient-centered care. He also brings his passion to teach as well as to help mold future clinicians through his involvement in medical education. He currently specializes in the care of patients with serious illnesses, discussion of goals of care and advanced care planning, and management of symptoms including pain. Dr. Kapadia’s interests outside of medicine include football, biking, hiking, traveling, as well as spending time with friends and family.
- Medical School
- Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (2013)
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital (2016), Internal Medicine
- University of Kansas Medical Center (2019), Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Hospital Medicine
- Medical Education
- Palliative Care
- Quality Improvement Projects: Focus on Patient Care
- Incidence and Characteristics Associated with Hospital Readmission after Discharge to Home Hospice.
- Cao T, Johnson A, Coogle J, Zuzelski A, Fitzgerald S, Kapadia V, Stoltzfus K, J Palliat Med 2019 Sep
Honors & Awards
- First Place Recipient - Clinical Vignette Competition
Northern Illinois American College of Physicians (2014)
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (2018)
- American College of Physicians (2014)