Magdalena Espinoza, M.D.
Clinical Assistant Professor
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Magdalena Espinoza, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in general gastroenterology and hepatology.
Dr. Espinoza earned her medical degree at the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. She completed a residency in internal medicine at Mount Auburn Hospital in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and then returned to Arizona for fellowship training in gastroenterology and hepatology at Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Espinoza joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2019.
She is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Gastroenterological Association, and the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Medical School
- University of Arizona College of Medicine (2013)
- Mount Auburn Hospital (2016), Internal Medicine
- Banner-University Medical Center Phoenix (2019), Gastroenterology
- Characteristics of Faculty Accused of Academic Sexual Misconduct in the Biomedical and Health Sciences.
- Espinoza M, Hsiehchen D, JAMA 2020 04 323 15 1503-1505
- Prevalence of Female Authors in Case Reports Published in the Medical Literature.
- Hsiehchen D, Hsieh A, Espinoza M, JAMA Netw Open 2019 May 2 5 e195000
- Systematic characterization of gastrointestinal clinical trials.
- Espinoza M, Hsieh A, Hsiehchen D, Dig Liver Dis 2016 May 48 5 480-488
- Multinational teams and diseconomies of scale in collaborative research.
- Hsiehchen D, Espinoza M, Hsieh A, Sci Adv 2015 Sep 1 8 e1500211
- The Cooperative Landscape of Multinational Clinical Trials.
- Hsiehchen D, Espinoza M, Hsieh A, PLoS ONE 2015 10 6 e0130930