Dr. Meisner completed her medical degree from Drexel University College of Medicine and went on to complete her internal medicine and HIV primary care residency at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and her infectious diseases fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania. With a desire to improve the quality of care patients receive, she completed a quality improvement fellowship and a Masters of Health Policy focusing on patients with infections due to injection drug use. Her clinical interests include HIV primary care, infectious complications of substance use, and LGBT health. Dr. Meisner’s interest outside of medicine include traveling, baking, exploring Dallas with her puppy, and watching USC football.
- Graduate School
- University of Pennsylvania 2017
- Graduate School
- Georgetown University (2008)
- Medical School
- Drexel University College of Medicine (2013)
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (2016), Internal Medicine
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (2019), Infectious Diseases
- Health Disparities and Access to Care
- Health Policy
- Infectious Complications of Substance Use
- Quality Improvement
- Changes in infective endocarditis admissions in Pennsylvania during the opioid epidemic.
- Meisner JA, Anesi J, Chen X, Grande D, Clin. Infect. Dis. 2019 Oct
- An update on Staphylococcus aureus infective endocarditis from the International Society of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (ISAC).
- Saeed K, Bal AM, Gould IM, David MZ, Dryden M, Giannitsioti E, Hijazi K, Meisner JA, Esposito S, Scaglione F, Tattevin P, Voss A, Int. J. Antimicrob. Agents 2019 Jan 53 1 9-15
- Ibogaine-associated cardiac arrest and death: case report and review of the literature.
- Meisner JA, Wilcox SR, Richards JB, Ther Adv Psychopharmacol 2016 Apr 6 2 95-8
- The anti-non-gal xenoantibody response to xenoantigens on gal knockout pig cells is encoded by a restricted number of germline progenitors.
- Kiernan K, Harnden I, Gunthart M, Gregory C, Meisner J, Kearns-Jonker M, Am. J. Transplant. 2008 Sep 8 9 1829-39
Laboratory Detection Strategies: Diagnostics and Diagnosis. In Fundamentals of HIV Medicine, 2019 Edition
Meisner, J.A. and Alby, K. (2019).
Honors & Awards
- Richard P. Shannon Trainee Award for Outstanding Leadership in Quality and Safety
Department of Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania (2019)
- The Dr. Elias Abrutyn Award for Excellence in Infectious Diseases
Drexel University College of Medicine (2013)
- Academy Health (2019)
- American College of Physicians (2018)
- HIV Medical Association (2016)
- Infectious Diseases Society of America (2016)