Born in Thailand, Dr. Tran holds a bachelor's degree in biology from Newman University in Wichita, Kansas, where she graduated magna cum laude. She earned her medical degree at the University of Kansas School of Medicine in Kansas City. She finished internal medicine residency training at Baylor Scott and White in Temple, Texas through the Texas A&M School of Medicine. She later did advanced training through a fellowship in sleep medicine at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in sleep medicine, Dr. Tran joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2019.
Dr. Tran is a member of the American Medical Association, the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, and the American College of Physicians.
Dr. Tran's clinical and research interests include sleep medicine, sleep apnea, bariatric surgery and sleep, and other sleep disorders.
Dr. Tran’s interests outside of medicine include baking, reading, board games, and learning new hobbies.
- Medical School
- University of Kansas School of Medicine (2015)
- Scott & White Memorial Hospital (2018), Internal Medicine
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation (2019), Sleep Medicine
- Hypoglossal Nerve Stimulation
- Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Response to Dr. Hunasikatti.
- Lipatov K, Ghamande S, Jones S, J Clin Sleep Med 2019 May 15 5 809
- Response to Dr. Kapoor.
- Lipatov K, Ghamande S, Jones S, J Clin Sleep Med 2019 Mar 15 3 521
- Predictors of Obstructive Sleep Apnea on a Home Sleep Apnea Test After a Negative Attended Polysomnography.
- Lipatov K, Hayek A, Ghamande S, Boethel C, Chen W, Jones S J Clin Sleep Med 2018 Oct
Honors & Awards
- Gold Humanism Society
University of Kansas (2015)
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine (2018)