Katie Tran, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Dr. Tran is from Wichita, Kansas where she received her medical training at the University of Kansas. Drawn to the complexity of the entire human body, she went on to complete her Internal Medicine Residency at Baylor Scott & White in Temple, Texas. After encountering numerous patients with undiagnosed sleep apnea and its complications, she developed an interest in sleep disorders. Realizing the importance of sleep and how little it is mentioned in practice, she decided do a fellowship in Sleep Medicine which she completed at the Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Tran has a strong passion for learning and teaching. Her clinical practice emphasizes patient education and involvement. Part of her decision to come to UTSW was to be closer to her family, but was also drawn to the strong academic integrity and great patient care that UTSW holds. She is excited to join the amazing group of sleep providers at UTSW and is honored to be a part of their growth. Dr. Tran’s interests outside of medicine include baking, reading, board games and learning new hobbies.
- Medical School
- University of Kansas School of Medicine (2015)
- Scott & White Memorial Hospital (2018), Internal Medicine
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation (2019), Sleep Medicine
- Hypoglossal Nerve Stimulation
- Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Response to Dr. Hunasikatti.
- Lipatov K, Ghamande S, Jones S, J Clin Sleep Med 2019 May 15 5 809
- Response to Dr. Kapoor.
- Lipatov K, Ghamande S, Jones S, J Clin Sleep Med 2019 Mar 15 3 521
- Predictors of Obstructive Sleep Apnea on a Home Sleep Apnea Test After a Negative Attended Polysomnography.
- Lipatov K, Hayek A, Ghamande S, Boethel C, Chen W, Jones S J Clin Sleep Med 2018 Oct
Honors & Awards
- Gold Humanism Society
University of Kansas (2015)
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine (2018)