Kalil G. Abdullah, M.D., MSc is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurological Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
He specializes in the treatment of adult brain tumors.
Dr. Abdullah directs an Integrated Brain Tumor Research Program that takes tumor tissue directly from the operating room to the laboratory to develop new drug and treatment targets. He is actively involved in both running and enrolling patients in clinical trials for brain tumors.
- Medical School
- Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine (2012)
- Graduate School
- London School of Economics and Political Science (2018), Economics
- University of Pennsylvania (2019), Neurological Surgery
- Bevacizumab for radiation necrosis following treatment of high grade glioma: a systematic review of the literature.
- Lubelski D, Abdullah KG, Weil RJ, Marko NF, J. Neurooncol. 2013 Dec 115 3 317-22
- Use of diffusion tensor imaging in glioma resection.
- Abdullah KG, Lubelski D, Nucifora PG, Brem S, Neurosurg Focus 2013 Apr 34 4 E1
- High Resolution Computed Tomography Atlas of the Porcine Temporal Bone and Skull Base: Anatomical Correlates for Traumatic Brain Injury Research.
- Knoll RM, Reinshagen KL, Barber SR, Ghanad I, Swanson R, Smith DH, Abdullah KG, Jung DH, Remenschneider AK, Kozin ED, J. Neurotrauma 2019 Apr 36 7 1029-1039
- Liver disease is an independent predictor of poor 30-day outcomes following surgery for degenerative disease of the cervical spine.
- Goel NJ, Agarwal P, Mallela AN, Abdullah KG, Ali ZS, Ozturk AK, Malhotra NR, Schuster JM, Chen HI, Spine J 2019 Mar 19 3 448-460
- Complications Predicting Perioperative Mortality in Patients Undergoing Elective Craniotomy: A Population-Based Study.
- Goel NJ, Mallela AN, Agarwal P, Abdullah KG, Choudhri OA, Kung DK, Lucas TH, Isaac Chen H, World Neurosurg 2018 Oct 118 e195-e205
- Patient-reported Allergies are Associated With Preoperative Psychological Distress and Less Satisfying Patient Experience in a Lumbar Spine Surgery Population.
- Levin JM, Boyle S, Winkelman RD, Tanenbaum JE, Abdullah KG, Steinmetz MP, Mroz TE, Clin Spine Surg 2018 Aug 31 7 E368-E374
- Preoperative Nomograms Predict Patient-Specific Cervical Spine Surgery Clinical and Quality of Life Outcomes.
- Lubelski D, Alentado V, Nowacki AS, Shriver M, Abdullah KG, Steinmetz MP, Benzel EC, Mroz TE, Neurosurgery 2018 07 83 1 104-113
- Otogenic brain abscesses: A systematic review.
- Duarte MJ, Kozin ED, Barshak MB, Reinshagen K, Knoll RM, Abdullah KG, Welling DB, Jung DH, Laryngoscope Investig Otolaryngol 2018 Jun 3 3 198-208
- Thirty-Day Readmission Rates Following Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery.
- Ramayya AG, Abdullah KG, Mallela AN, Pierce JT, Thawani J, Petrov D, Baltuch GH, Neurosurgery 2017 Aug 81 2 259-267
- Resident simulation training in endoscopic endonasal surgery utilizing haptic feedback technology.
- Thawani JP, Ramayya AG, Abdullah KG, Hudgins E, Vaughan K, Piazza M, Madsen PJ, Buch V, Sean Grady M, J Clin Neurosci 2016 Dec 34 112-116
Brem and Abdullah (Ed.) (2016). Elsevier