Kalil G. Abdullah, M.D., MSc is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurological Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
He specializes in the treatment of adult brain tumors.
Dr. Abdullah directs an Integrated Brain Tumor Research Program that takes tumor tissue directly from the operating room to the laboratory to develop new drug and treatment targets. He is actively involved in both running and enrolling patients in clinical trials for brain tumors.
- Medical School
- Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine (2012)
- Graduate School
- London School of Economics and Political Science (2018), Economics
- University of Pennsylvania (2019), Neurological Surgery
- Long-term utility and complication profile of open craniotomy for biopsy in patients with idiopathic encephalitis.
- Abdullah KG, Li Y, Agarwal P, Nayak NR, Thawani JP, Balu R, Lucas TH, J Clin Neurosci 2017 Mar 37 69-72
- Acute postoperative sialadenitis after retrosigmoid craniotomies.
- Phillips HW, Abdullah KG, Learned KO, Nayak N, McLaughlin E, Lee JY, J Neurosurg Sci 2016 Sep 60 3 403-4
- Quality of Life Outcomes Following Resection of Adult Intramedullary Spinal Cord Tumors.
- Xiao R, Miller JA, Abdullah KG, Lubelski D, Mroz TE, Benzel EC, Neurosurgery 2016 Jun 78 6 821-8
- Molecular and clinical prognostic factors for favorable outcome following surgical resection of adult intramedullary spinal cord astrocytomas.
- Xiao R, Abdullah KG, Miller JA, Lubelski D, Steinmetz MP, Shin JH, Krishnaney AA, Mroz TE, Benzel EC, Clin Neurol Neurosurg 2016 May 144 82-7
- Safety of topical vancomycin powder in neurosurgery.
- Abdullah KG, Chen HI, Lucas TH, Surg Neurol Int 2016 7 Suppl 39 S919-S926
- Progression free survival and functional outcome after surgical resection of intramedullary ependymomas.
- Abdullah KG, Lubelski D, Miller J, Steinmetz MP, Shin JH, Krishnaney A, Mroz TE, Benzel EC, J Clin Neurosci 2015 Dec 22 12 1933-7
- Reducing surgical site infections following craniotomy: examination of the use of topical vancomycin.
- Abdullah KG, Attiah MA, Olsen AS, Richardson A, Lucas TH, J. Neurosurg. 2015 Dec 123 6 1600-4
- Concussion and football: a review and editorial.
- Abdullah KG, Grady MS, Levine JM, Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 2015 Apr 15 4 11
- Factors associated with increased survival after surgical resection of glioblastoma in octogenarians.
- Abdullah KG, Ramayya A, Thawani JP, Macyszyn L, Martinez-Lage M, O'Rourke DM, Brem S, PLoS ONE 2015 10 5 e0127202
- Stereotactic radiosurgery for metastatic spine tumors.
- Chan NK, Abdullah KG, Lubelski D, Steinmetz MP, Benzel EC, Shin JH, Mroz TE, J Neurosurg Sci 2014 Mar 58 1 37-44
Brem and Abdullah (Ed.) (2016). Elsevier