Dr. John is originally from New Jersey and received her initial internal medicine training at Tufts Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. Drawn by the opportunity to serve patients with oncological diseases, she completed her hematology and medical oncology fellowship at Tufts Medical Center. Dr. John brings to UTSW a strong clinical background in breast medical oncology as well as a research focus on health care outcomes. She currently specializes in breast cancer. Her clinical practice emphasizes a patient centric approach. Dr. John’s interests outside of medicine include her family and church community.
- Medical School
- Drexel University College of Medicine (2012)
- Tufts Medical Center (2015), Internal Medicine
- Tufts Medical Center (2018), Hematology Oncology
- Health Care Outcomes
- Congestive heart failure secondary to gemcitabine nab-paclitaxel in patients with pancreatic cancer.
- John P, Butler H, Saif MW, Anticancer Res. 2014 Dec 34 12 7267-70
- Radioembolization in the treatment of neuroendocrine tumors of the pancreas.
- John PK, Saif MW, JOP 2014 Jul 15 4 332-4
- Updates in management of ampullary carcinomas.
- John PK, Kougioumtzopoulou AS, Syrigos KN, Saif MW, JOP 2014 Mar 15 2 140-3
- Chin tremors associated with paroxetine in a patient with pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
- John P, McConnell K, Saif MW, JOP 2013 Nov 14 6 661-3
- When parents disclose BRCA1/2 test results: their communication and perceptions of offspring response.
- Bradbury AR, Patrick-Miller L, Egleston BL, Olopade OI, Daly MB, Moore CW, Sands CB, Schmidheiser H, Kondamudi PK, Feigon M, Ibe CN, Daugherty CK, Cancer 2012 Jul 118 13 3417-25
Honors & Awards
- Excellence in Teaching Award for Housestaff/Fellows
Tufts Medical Center (2015)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (2015)
- American Society of Hematology (2015-2018)
- American Medical Association (2014-2018)
- Massachusetts Medical Society (2012-2018)