Andrew Godley, Ph.D., Associate Vice Chair of Clinical Physics Operations and Quality in the Department of Radiation Oncology, received his Ph.D. from the University of Sydney in High Energy Physics as a member of the NOMAD experiment at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland. He then undertook a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of South Carolina, conducting research in the MINOS experiment at FermiLab in Chicago. Dr. Godley then switched to medical physics, completing training at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Dr. Godley joined the medical physics staff in the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Cleveland Clinic where he covered brachytherapy, SBRT, and Gamma Knife, as well as machine QA and commissioning. Dr. Godley moved to the Miami Cancer Institute to work on the new MR-linac, where he helped to develop the program, before joining the faculty at UT Southwestern as Director of Clinical Physics.
- Clinical experience on patient-specific quality assurance for CBCT-based online adaptive treatment plan.
- Shen C, Chen L, Zhong X, Gonzalez Y, Visak J, Meng B, Inam E, Parsons D, Godley A, Jiang S, Cai B, Lin MH, J Appl Clin Med Phys 2023 Feb e13918
- Stability and reproducibility comparisons between deep inspiration breath-hold techniques for left-sided breast cancer patients: A prospective study.
- Parsons D, Joo M, Iqbal Z, Godley A, Kim N, Spangler A, Albuquerque K, Sawant A, Zhao B, Gu X, Rahimi A, J Appl Clin Med Phys 2023 Jan e13906
- Machine characterization and central axis depth dose data of a superficial x-ray radiotherapy unit.
- Xiong Z, Zhong Y, Banks TI, Reynolds R, Chiu T, Tan J, Zhang Y, Parsons D, Yan Y, Godley A, Stojadinovic S, Biomed Phys Eng Express 2022 Dec 9 1
- 3D printed integrated bolus/headrest for radiation therapy for malignancies involving the posterior scalp and neck.
- Hsu EJ, Parsons D, Chiu T, Godley AR, Sher DJ, Vo DT, 3D Print Med 2022 Jul 8 1 22
- Prospective study of artificial intelligence-based decision support to improve head and neck radiotherapy plan quality.
- Sher DJ, Godley A, Park Y, Carpenter C, Nash M, Hesami H, Zhong X, Lin MH, Clin Transl Radiat Oncol 2021 Jul 29 65-70
- Ablative 5-Fraction Stereotactic Magnetic Resonance-Guided Radiation Therapy With On-Table Adaptive Replanning and Elective Nodal Irradiation for Inoperable Pancreas Cancer.
- Chuong MD, Bryant J, Mittauer KE, Hall M, Kotecha R, Alvarez D, Romaguera T, Rubens M, Adamson S, Godley A, Mishra V, Luciani G, Gutierrez AN, Pract Radiat Oncol 2021 11 2 134-147
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy: No longer a special procedure?
- Gagneur JD, Godley A, Rong Y, J Appl Clin Med Phys 2020 Mar 21 3 6-9
- Technical Note: Characterization of x-ray beam profiles for a fluoroscopic system incorporating copper filtration.
- Wunderle KA, Godley AR, Shen ZL, Dong FF, Med Phys 2019 Nov 46 11 4918-4922
- MR-linac is the best modality for lung SBRT.
- Godley A, Zheng D, Rong Y, J Appl Clin Med Phys 2019 Jun 20 6 7-11
- Use of a Linear Accelerator for Conducting In Vitro Radiobiology Experiments.
- Hao J, Magnelli A, Godley A, Yu JS, J Vis Exp 2019 May 147
Strategies for Radiation Therapy Treatment Planning
P Xia, A Godley, C Shah, G Videtic, J Suh (Ed.) (2019). Demos Medical
Physics of Radiation Oncology Self-Assessment Guide
A Godley, P Xia (Ed.) (2016). Demos Medical
- AAPM (2007)
- ASTRO (2011)
- Society of Thermal Medicine (2014)