Venuprasad K. Poojary, Ph.D., a faculty member in Internal Medicine and Immunology, studies regulatory mechanisms in immune cells that prevent chronic inflammation. Dr. Poojary got his postdoctoral training at La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology in San Diego, CA. His current research interests include post-translational modifications, immune tolerance, and T cell differentiation in regulation of gastrointestinal inflammation and cancer. The goal of his research is to identify key immune checkpoints of gastrointestinal disorders that could be targeted for therapeutic intervention and drug development.
- Colon Cancer
- Gut Microbiota
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBDs)
- Th17/Treg Differentiation
- SUMOylation of ROR-?t inhibits IL-17 expression and inflammation via HDAC2.
- Singh AK, Khare P, Obaid A, Conlon KP, Basrur V, DePinho RA, Venuprasad K, Nat Commun 2018 10 9 1 4515
- IL-17-driven intestinal fibrosis is inhibited by Itch-mediated ubiquitination of HIC-5.
- Paul J, Singh AK, Kathania M, Elviche TL, Zeng M, Basrur V, Theiss AL, Venuprasad K, Mucosal Immunol 2018 03 11 2 427-436
- Elevated d-2-hydroxyglutarate during colitis drives progression to colorectal cancer.
- Han J, Jackson D, Holm J, Turner K, Ashcraft P, Wang X, Cook B, Arning E, Genta RM, Venuprasad K, Souza RF, Sweetman L, Theiss AL Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2018 Jan 115 5 1057-1062
- Itch inhibits IL-17-mediated colon inflammation and tumorigenesis by ROR-?t ubiquitination.
- Kathania M, Khare P, Zeng M, Cantarel B, Zhang H, Ueno H, Venuprasad K Nat. Immunol. 2016 Jun
- The E3 ubiquitin ligase Itch inhibits p38a signaling and skin inflammation through the ubiquitylation of Tab1.
- Theivanthiran B, Kathania M, Zeng M, Anguiano E, Basrur V, Vandergriff T, Pascual V, Wei WZ, Massoumi R, Venuprasad K Sci Signal 2015 Feb 8 365 ra22
- The E3 ligase Itch and deubiquitinase Cyld act together to regulate Tak1 and inflammation.
- Ahmed N, Zeng M, Sinha I, Polin L, Wei WZ, Rathinam C, Flavell R, Massoumi R, Venuprasad K, Nat. Immunol. 2011 Nov 12 12 1176-83
- Noncanonical K27-linked polyubiquitination of TIEG1 regulates Foxp3 expression and tumor growth.
- Peng DJ, Zeng M, Muromoto R, Matsuda T, Shimoda K, Subramaniam M, Spelsberg TC, Wei WZ, Venuprasad K, J. Immunol. 2011 May 186 10 5638-47
- The E3 ubiquitin ligase Itch regulates expression of transcription factor Foxp3 and airway inflammation by enhancing the function of transcription factor TIEG1.
- Venuprasad K, Huang H, Harada Y, Elly C, Subramaniam M, Spelsberg T, Su J, Liu YC, Nat. Immunol. 2008 Mar 9 3 245-53
- The E3 ubiquitin ligase itch couples JNK activation to TNFalpha-induced cell death by inducing c-FLIP(L) turnover.
- Chang L, Kamata H, Solinas G, Luo JL, Maeda S, Venuprasad K, Liu YC, Karin M, Cell 2006 Feb 124 3 601-13
- Essential role of the E3 ubiquitin ligase Cbl-b in T cell anergy induction.
- Jeon MS, Atfield A, Venuprasad K, Krawczyk C, Sarao R, Elly C, Yang C, Arya S, Bachmaier K, Su L, Bouchard D, Jones R, Gronski M, Ohashi P, Wada T, Bloom D, Fathman CG, Liu YC, Penninger JM, Immunity 2004 Aug 21 2 167-77
Immune regulation by ubiquitin conjugation. In Lymphocyte Signal Transduction
Venuprasad K, Yang C, Shao Y, Demydenko D, Harada Y, Jeon MS, Liu YC. (2008). Springer Link
Cbl-b-mediated regulation of cell signaling and cancer. In Signaling Pathways in Immune Cells
Venuprasad K. (2011). Springer Link
- American Association for Advancement of Science (2009)
- American Association for Cancer Research (2009)
- American Society of Cell Biology (2009)
- American Association of Immunologists (2006)