Dr. Campos is originally from Brazil where she received her PhD in Molecular Biology in 2009. She has 8+ years of experience in Immunology with focus on Innate Immunity against intracellular pathogens from the genera Brucella and Mycobacterium. Dr. Campos decided to join Dr. Shiloh's laboratory while viewing a great opportunity to exchange experiences and acquire new skills on cutting-edge technologies. Her current research aims to provide further understanding on mechanisms of autophagy in Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection.
Dr. Campos' research background is Molecular Biology, Parasitology, Microbiology and Immunology. Outside campus, her interests include enjoying her family and friends, reading, watching movies and outdoor activities.
- Host-pathogen Interactions during Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Infection
- Innate Immune Response against Intracellular Pathogens
- Selective Autophagy and Mechanism of Regulation
- Brucella abortus Cyclic Dinucleotides Trigger STING-Dependent Unfolded Protein Response That Favors Bacterial Replication.
- Guimarães ES, Gomes MTR, Campos PC, Mansur DS, Dos Santos AA, Harms J, Splitter G, Smith JA, Barber GN, Oliveira SC, J. Immunol. 2019 May 202 9 2671-2681
- Brucella abortus nitric oxide metabolite regulates inflammasome activation and IL-1? secretion in murine macrophages.
- Campos PC, Gomes MTR, Marinho FAV, Guimarães ES, Cruz MGFML, Oliveira SC, Eur. J. Immunol. 2019 Mar
- Guanylate-binding proteins at the crossroad of noncanonical inflammasome activation during bacterial infections.
- Gomes MTR, Cerqueira DM, Guimarães ES, Campos PC, Oliveira SC, J. Leukoc. Biol. 2019 Mar
- Immunoproteasome Subunits Are Required for CD8+ T Cell Function and Host Resistance to Brucella abortus Infection in Mice.
- Guimarães G, Gomes MTR, Campos PC, Marinho FV, de Assis NRG, Silveira TN, Oliveira SC, Infect. Immun. 2018 03 86 3
- The cGAS/STING Pathway Is Important for Dendritic Cell Activation but Is Not Essential to Induce Protective Immunity against Mycobacterium tuberculosis Infection.
- Marinho FV, Benmerzoug S, Rose S, Campos PC, Marques JT, Báfica A, Barber G, Ryffel B, Oliveira SC, Quesniaux VFJ, J Innate Immun 2018 10 3 239-252
- TLR7 and TLR3 Sense Brucella abortus RNA to Induce Proinflammatory Cytokine Production but They Are Dispensable for Host Control of Infection.
- Campos PC, Gomes MT, Guimarães ES, Guimarães G, Oliveira SC, Front Immunol 2017 8 28
- NLRP12 negatively regulates proinflammatory cytokine production and host defense against Brucella abortus.
- Silveira TN, Gomes MT, Oliveira LS, Campos PC, Machado GG, Oliveira SC, Eur. J. Immunol. 2017 01 47 1 51-59
- TLR9 is required for MAPK/NF-?B activation but does not cooperate with TLR2 or TLR6 to induce host resistance to Brucella abortus.
- Gomes MT, Campos PC, Pereira Gde S, Bartholomeu DC, Splitter G, Oliveira SC, J. Leukoc. Biol. 2016 05 99 5 771-80
- Brucella abortus DNA is a major bacterial agonist to activate the host innate immune system.
- Campos PC, Gomes MT, Guimarães G, Costa Franco MM, Marim FM, Oliveira SC, Microbes Infect. 2014 Dec 16 12 979-84
- Critical role of ASC inflammasomes and bacterial type IV secretion system in caspase-1 activation and host innate resistance to Brucella abortus infection.
- Gomes MT, Campos PC, Oliveira FS, Corsetti PP, Bortoluci KR, Cunha LD, Zamboni DS, Oliveira SC, J. Immunol. 2013 Apr 190 7 3629-38