Doreen Palsgrove, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Dr. Palsgrove grew up in San Diego, California and obtained both her B.S. and M.D. at the University of California, San Diego. She trained in anatomic and clinical pathology at the Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, where she also completed fellowships in Surgical Pathology and Molecular and Genetic Pathology. She then stayed for an additional two years as a postdoctoral research fellow in the laboratory of Dr. Victor Velculescu investigating the dynamics of cell free tumor DNA detection in early and late stage cancers. She joined that faculty as an Assistant Professor at UTSW in November 2019 in the Division of Surgical Pathology with clinical focus in head and neck and genitourinary pathology. Her investigational interests center around the molecular characterization and classification of solid tumors and the histopathologic features associated with detection of cell free tumor DNA.
- Medical School
- UC San Diego School of Medicine (2011)
- Johns Hopkins Hospital (2015), Pathology
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2016), Surgical Pathology
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2017), Molecular Genetics
- Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions (2019), Research
- Genitourinary Pathology Society (2019)
- North American Society of Head and Neck Pathology (2019)
- Association for Molecular Pathology (2016)
- Maryland Society of Pathologists (2011-2016)
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (2011)