Dr. Reddy completed her undergraduate degree at Harvard University followed by her medical training at the David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles. She then received her Internal Medicine training as well as Master of Science in Clinical Investigation degree at Northwestern University and subsequently did a fellowship in hematology-oncology at MD Anderson Cancer Center where she stayed on as faculty.
In February of 2019, Dr. Reddy joined the faculty at UT Southwestern, where she is a faculty member in the Department of Internal Medicine as a breast medical oncologist. Dr. Reddy is a clinical trialist and translational investigator with a research interest in improving outcomes of breast cancer patients through immunotherapy. In addition, she is especially focused on treating the highest risk and special circumstance breast cancer patients, including those with metastatic disease, triple negative breast cancer, inflammatory breast cancer, and pregnancy associated breast cancer. Dr. Reddy has been selected as a Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas Recruitment Award recipient and also a Disease-Oriented Clinical Scholar to support her breast cancer research efforts.
- Medical School
- David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA (2010)
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University (2013), Internal Medicine
- Chief Resident
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University (2014), Internal Medicine
- UT MD Anderson Cancer Center (2017), Hematology Oncology
- Breast Cancer (Especially High Risk Cancers)
- Cancer Immunotherapy
- Clinical Trials and Translational Research
- Tumor Microenvironment
- Defining T Cell States Associated with Response to Checkpoint Immunotherapy in Melanoma.
- Sade-Feldman M, Yizhak K, Bjorgaard SL, Ray JP, de Boer CG, Jenkins RW, Lieb DJ, Chen JH, Frederick DT, Barzily-Rokni M, Freeman SS, Reuben A, Hoover PJ, Villani AC, Ivanova E, Portell A, Lizotte PH, Aref AR, Eliane JP, Hammond MR, Vitzthum H, Blackmon SM, Li B, Gopalakrishnan V, Reddy SM, Cooper ZA, Paweletz CP, Barbie DA, Stemmer-Rachamimov A, Flaherty KT, Wargo JA, Boland GM, Sullivan RJ, Getz G, Hacohen N Cell 2018 Nov 175 4 998-1013.e20
- Neoadjuvant immune checkpoint blockade in high-risk resectable melanoma.
- Amaria RN, Reddy SM, Tawbi HA, Davies MA, Ross MI, Glitza IC, Cormier JN, Lewis C, Hwu WJ, Hanna E, Diab A, Wong MK, Royal R, Gross N, Weber R, Lai SY, Ehlers R, Blando J, Milton DR, Woodman S, Kageyama R, Wells DK, Hwu P, Patel SP, Lucci A, Hessel A, Lee JE, Gershenwald J, Simpson L, Burton EM, Posada L, Haydu L, Wang L, Zhang S, Lazar AJ, Hudgens CW, Gopalakrishnan V, Reuben A, Andrews MC, Spencer CN, Prieto V, Sharma P, Allison J, Tetzlaff MT, Wargo JA Nat. Med. 2018 Nov 24 11 1649-1654
- Long-term survival outcomes of triple-receptor negative breast cancer survivors who are disease free at 5 years and relationship with low hormone receptor positivity.
- Reddy SM, Barcenas CH, Sinha AK, Hsu L, Moulder SL, Tripathy D, Hortobagyi GN, Valero V Br. J. Cancer 2018 01 118 1 17-23
- Trastuzumab Increases HER2 Uptake and Cross-Presentation by Dendritic Cells.
- Gall VA, Philips AV, Qiao N, Clise-Dwyer K, Perakis AA, Zhang M, Clifton GT, Sukhumalchandra P, Ma Q, Reddy SM, Yu D, Molldrem JJ, Peoples GE, Alatrash G, Mittendorf EA Cancer Res. 2017 10 77 19 5374-5383
- Integrated molecular analysis of tumor biopsies on sequential CTLA-4 and PD-1 blockade reveals markers of response and resistance.
- Roh W, Chen PL, Reuben A, Spencer CN, Prieto PA, Miller JP, Gopalakrishnan V, Wang F, Cooper ZA, Reddy SM, Gumbs C, Little L, Chang Q, Chen WS, Wani K, De Macedo MP, Chen E, Austin-Breneman JL, Jiang H, Roszik J, Tetzlaff MT, Davies MA, Gershenwald JE, Tawbi H, Lazar AJ, Hwu P, Hwu WJ, Diab A, Glitza IC, Patel SP, Woodman SE, Amaria RN, Prieto VG, Hu J, Sharma P, Allison JP, Chin L, Zhang J, Wargo JA, Futreal PA Sci Transl Med 2017 03 9 379
- Genomic and immune heterogeneity are associated with differential responses to therapy in melanoma.
- Reuben A, Spencer CN, Prieto PA, Gopalakrishnan V, Reddy SM, Miller JP, Mao X, De Macedo MP, Chen J, Song X, Jiang H, Chen PL, Beird HC, Garber HR, Roh W, Wani K, Chen E, Haymaker C, Forget MA, Little LD, Gumbs C, Thornton RL, Hudgens CW, Chen WS, Austin-Breneman J, Sloane RS, Nezi L, Cogdill AP, Bernatchez C, Roszik J, Hwu P, Woodman SE, Chin L, Tawbi H, Davies MA, Gershenwald JE, Amaria RN, Glitza IC, Diab A, Patel SP, Hu J, Lee JE, Grimm EA, Tetzlaff MT, Lazar AJ, Wistuba II, Clise-Dwyer K, Carter BW, Zhang J, Futreal PA, Sharma P, Allison JP, Cooper ZA, Wargo JA NPJ Genom Med 2017 2
- Impact of Statin Use on Outcomes in Triple Negative Breast Cancer.
- Shaitelman SF, Stauder MC, Allen P, Reddy S, Lakoski S, Atkinson B, Reddy J, Amaya D, Guerra W, Ueno N, Caudle A, Tereffe W, Woodward WA J Cancer 2017 8 11 2026-2032
- Monitoring immune responses in the tumor microenvironment.
- Wargo JA, Reddy SM, Reuben A, Sharma P Curr. Opin. Immunol. 2016 08 41 23-31
- Analysis of immune signatures in longitudinal tumor samples yields insight into biomarkers of response and mechanisms of resistance to immune checkpoint blockade.
- Chen PL, Roh W, Reuben A, Cooper ZA, Spencer CN, Prieto PA, Miller JP, Bassett RL, Gopalakrishnan V, Wani K, Petaccia De Macedo M, Austin-Breneman JL, Jiang H, Chang Q, Reddy SM, Chen WS, Tetzlaff MT, Broaddus RJ, Davies MA, Gershenwald JE, Haydu L, Lazar AJ, Patel SP, Hwu P, Hwu WJ, Diab A, Glitza IC, Woodman SE, Vence LM, Wistuba II, Amaria RN, Kwong LN, Prieto V, Davis RE, Ma W, Overwijk WW, Sharpe AH, Hu J, Futreal PA, Blando J, Sharma P, Allison JP, Chin L, Wargo JA Cancer Discov 2016 Jun
- Targeting angiogenesis in metastatic breast cancer.
- Reddy S, Raffin M, Kaklamani V Oncologist 2012 17 8 1014-26