Elliot Sean Rinzler, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Pediatric Radiology Division.
Dr. Rinzler holds a bachelor's degree in biology from Colby College in Waterville, Maine. After graduating, he served as a research assistant at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, and then earned his medical degree at Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia. Upon completing his internship at Tufts University in Boston, he became a flight surgeon in the Air Force, and was stationed at Kadena Air Force Base in Japan. After three years, he was promoted to Flight Commander and Deputy Chief of Aerospace Medicine, and was stationed at Travis Air Force Base in California. He then completed radiology residency training at Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk, where he served as Chief Resident. Dr. Rinzler received advanced training through fellowship programs in pediatric radiology at Seattle Children's Hospital in Washington, and in interventional radiology at the University of Cincinnati in Ohio.
He joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2019 and continues to serve in the Air Force Reserves at the rank of lieutenant colonel.
Dr. Rinzler is a member of multiple national and international professional organizations, including the American College of Radiology, the Radiological Society of North America, the Society of Pediatric Radiology, the Society for Pediatric Interventional Radiology, and the Society of Interventional Radiology.
- Medical School
- Jefferson Medical College of Thomas (2006)
- Tufts Medical Center (2007), Transitional Year
- Eastern Virginia Medical School (2017), Diagnostic Radiology
- University of Washington Seattle Children's Hospital (2018), Pediatric Radiology
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center (2019), Vascular & Interventional Radiology
- American College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- Society of Pediatric Interventional Radiology
- Society of Pediatric Radiology