David Wojciechowski, DO completed medical school at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. At Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center he completed his internship and residency in internal medicine, followed by a fellowship in Nephrology. Dr. Wojciechowski moved to the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) where he finished a fellowship in Transplant Nephrology. As a transplant nephrologist and the director of the Inpatient Kidney Transplant Service at UCSF from 2009-2015 his activities focused mainly on patient care and a mixture of research and teaching. In 2015, he joined the Massachusetts General Hospital faculty as the Director of Transplant Nephrology Clinical Research.
Dr. Wojciechowski's first priority is providing high quality clinical care to kidney transplant patients. He has contributed to and improved patient care with the development of important clinical research protocols and taking steps forward to understand viral pathogens in transplant and by evaluating novel immunosuppression protocols to minimize the toxic effects of the medications and to maximize outcomes.
- Medical School
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (2002)
- Washington Hospital Center/Georgetown University Hospital (2005), Internal Medicine
- Chief Resident
- MedStar Health/Union Memorial Hospital (2006), Internal Medicine
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (2008), Nephrology
- University of California at San Francisco (2009), Transplant Nephrology
- Expansion of the Deceased Donor Pool
- Novel Immunosuppression
- Post-transplant Infections
- A Prospective Multi-Center Observational Study of Cell-Mediated Immunity as a Predictor for Cytomegalovirus Infection in Kidney Transplant Recipients.
- Kumar D, Chin-Hong P, Kayler L, Wojciechowski D, Limaye AP, Gaber AO, Ball S, Mehta AK, Cooper M, Blanchard T, MacDougall J, Kotton CN Am. J. Transplant. 2019 Feb
- Organs from deceased donors with false-positive HIV screening tests: An unexpected benefit of the HOPE act.
- Durand CM, Halpern SE, Bowring MG, Bismut GA, Kusemiju OT, Doby B, Fernandez RE, Kirby CS, Ostrander D, Stock PG, Mehta S, Turgeon NA, Wojciechowski D, Huprikar S, Florman S, Ottmann S, Desai NM, Cameron A, Massie AB, Tobian AAR, Redd AD, Segev DL, Am. J. Transplant. 2018 10 18 10 2579-2586
- Pilot Analysis of Late Conversion to Belatacept in Kidney Transplant Recipients for Biopsy-Proven Chronic Tacrolimus Toxicity.
- Gupta S, Rosales I, Wojciechowski D, J Transplant 2018 2018 1968029
- Accept or Decline? An Analytics-Based Decision Tool for Kidney Offer Evaluation.
- Bertsimas D, Kung J, Trichakis N, Wojciechowski D, Vagefi PA Transplantation 2017 Dec 101 12 2898-2904
- Mycophenolate Mofetil Withdrawal With Conversion to Everolimus to Treat BK Virus Infection in Kidney Transplant Recipients.
- Wojciechowski D, Chandran S, Webber A, Hirose R, Vincenti F, Transplant. Proc. 2017 Oct 49 8 1773-1778
- Retrospective evaluation of the efficacy and safety of belatacept with thymoglobulin induction and maintenance everolimus: A single-center clinical experience.
- Wojciechowski D, Chandran S, Yang JYC, Sarwal MM, Vincenti F, Clin Transplant 2017 Sep 31 9
- Correlation of BK Virus Neutralizing Serostatus With the Incidence of BK Viremia in Kidney Transplant Recipients.
- Abend JR, Changala M, Sathe A, Casey F, Kistler A, Chandran S, Howard A, Wojciechowski D, Transplantation 2017 06 101 6 1495-1505
- Cultural competency of a mobile, customized patient education tool for improving potential kidney transplant recipients' knowledge and decision-making.
- Axelrod DA, Kynard-Amerson CS, Wojciechowski D, Jacobs M, Lentine KL, Schnitzler M, Peipert JD, Waterman AD, Clin Transplant 2017 05 31 5
- Early post-transplant conversion from tacrolimus to belatacept for prolonged delayed graft function improves renal function in kidney transplant recipients.
- Wojciechowski D, Chandran S, Vincenti F, Clin Transplant 2017 05 31 5
Clinical and Laboratory Evaluation of Renal Disease and Fluid Status. In Handbook of Nephrology and Hypertension, 6th Ed.
Wojciechowski D, Nouri P (2008). Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
Immunosuppression with the Kidney as Paradigm. In A Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice: Transplantation, 5th Ed.
Wojciechowski D, Veillette G, Vincenti F (2012). Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Elsevier
Novel Immunosuppressive Drugs. In Transplantation of the Liver, 3rd Ed.
Wojceichowski, D, Vincenti F (2012). Elsevier