Kristin Scott, Ph.D.
- Depression, Suicidality, Complex Trauma, Resilience
- From higher order thinking to higher order behavior: exploring the relationship between early cognitive skills and social competence in black boys.
- Scott KM, Barbarin OA, Brown JM Am J Orthopsychiatry 2013 Apr-Jul 83 2 Pt 3 185-93
- Socioemotional trajectories in black boys between kindergarten and the fifth grade: the role of cognitive skills and family in promoting resiliency.
- Brown J, Barbarin O, Scott K, Am J Orthopsychiatry 2013 Apr-Jul 83 2 Pt 3 176-84
African American adolescents speak: The meaning of racial identity in the relation between individual race-related stress and depression symptoms. In Handbook of children and prejudice: Integrating research, practice, and policy
Cunningham, M., Mulser, R. M., Scott, K., & Yates, A. (2019). New York, Springer Publishers
A socio-cultural conception of literacy practices in African American families. In Handbook of family literacy
Scott, K. M., Brown, J. M., Jean-Baptiste, E., & Barbarin, O. A. (2012). New York, Routledge
Honors & Awards
- Performance Recognition Award
Children's Health System of Texas (2019-2020)
- American Association of Suicidology (2019-2021)
- American Psychological Association (2011-2021)
- American Psychological Association, Division 53, Society of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology (2020-2021)
- American Psychological Association, Division 53, Special Interest Group- Acute, Intensive, Residential Service (2020-2021)
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (2019-2021)