Varatharaj Mounasamy, M.D.
Department Orthopaedic Surgery
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
- Government General Hospital, Chennai India (1989), Medicine
- Medical School
- Madras Mecial College (1989)
- Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow (1990), General Surgery
- Institute of Medical Sciences, UTTAR Pradesh, India (1991), Medical Sciences
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital (1992), Medicine
- University of Miami Hospital (2004), Musculoskeletal Oncology
- Orlando Regional Medical Center (2005), Pediatric Orthopedics & Scoliosis
- University of Virginia Medical Center (2006), Adult Reconstructive Orthopedics
- VCU Health System (2007), Orthopaedic Trauma
- Pediatric Tibial Shaft Fractures.
- Patel NK, Horstman J, Kuester V, Sambandam S, Mounasamy V, Indian J Orthop 2018 Sep-Oct 52 5 522-528
- Calcifying Tendinitis of Shoulder: A Concise Review.
- Umamahesvaran B, Sambandam SN, Mounasamy V, Gokulakrishnan PP, Ashraf M, J Orthop 2018 Sep 15 3 776-782
- Appropriateness of patients transferred with orthopedic injuries: experience of a level I trauma center.
- O'Connell RS, Haug EC, Malasitt P, Mallu S, Satpathy J, Isaacs J, Mounasamy V, Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol 2018 May 28 4 551-554
- Extra-articular deformities in arthritic knees-a grueling challenge for arthroplasty surgeons: An evidence-based update.
- Khanna V, Sambandam SN, Ashraf M, Mounasamy V, Orthop Rev (Pavia) 2017 Dec 9 4 7374
- AAOS Appropriate Use Criteria: Treatment of Hip Fractures in the Elderly.
- Mounasamy V, Guy P, Kates SL, J Am Acad Orthop Surg 2017 05 25 5 e105-e108
- Arthroscopic ACL reconstruction using patellar bone tendon autograft and Rigidfix fixation - A midterm functional outcome.
- Sudevan PJ, Chandrasekharan J, Sambandam SN, Rohinikumar GJ, Annamalai S, Mounasamy V, Muscles Ligaments Tendons J 2017 Apr-Jun 7 2 247-255
- Pre-discharge postoperative radiographs after primary total knee replacement : tradition or science?
- Sambandam SN, Khanna V, Rohinikumar G, Mounasamy V, Acta Orthop Belg 2017 Mar 83 1 132-139
- Appropriate Use Criteria: Postoperative Rehabilitation of Low Energy Hip Fractures in the Elderly.
- Mounasamy V, Guy P, Kates SL, J Am Acad Orthop Surg 2017 Jan 25 1 e15-e17
- Rationale of Cruciate Retaining Design in Rheumatoid Arthritis: A Review of Clinical Analysis and its Role in Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Ashraf M, Sharma OP, Priyavadhana S, Sambandam SN, Mounasamy V, Open Orthop J 2017 11 1023-1027
- Geriatric hip fracture management: keys to providing a successful program.
- Basu N, Natour M, Mounasamy V, Kates SL, Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg 2016 Oct 42 5 565-569