Kipp Pietrantonio, Ph.D. is a Counseling Psychologist originally from the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. Dr. Pietrantonio attended Grand Valley State University where he received a B.A. in Psychology and Sociology. Dr. Pietrantonio then received a Master's in Community Counseling followed by a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from the University of North Dakota. Dr. Pietrantonio completed his APA Accreddited Internship at the University of California Santa Cruz - Counseling and Psychological Services followed by a Post Doctoral Fellowship at the University of Michigan - Counseling and Psychological Services.
Following completion of his education, Dr. Pietrantonio was hired as a Senior Staff Psychologist at The Ohio State University Counseling and Consultation Service. He served as the Advanced Practicum Coordinator for two years and then took a position as a training director at the University of Texas at Dallas. Dr. Pietrantonio joined the faculty of the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in January 2019.
Dr. Pietrantonio specializes in a variety of concerns including Anxiety Disorders, Obsessive Cumpulsive Disorder, Phobias, Eating Disorders/Body Image Concerns, Men's Mental Health Concerns, and Treatment Resistant Depression. Dr. Pietrantonio has advanced training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Exposure Response Prevention, and generally works from a person centered approach.
Dr. Pietrantonio has served in multiple professional roles including being elected to the American Psychological Association Committee on Socioeconomic Status where he served as Vice Chair from 2015-2016. He is currently serving on the APA Task Force for the Creation of Professional Practice Guidelines for Low-Income and Economically Marginalized People.
- Undergraduate School
- Grand Valley State University (2008), Psychology
- Graduate School
- University of North Dakota (2010), Counseling
- Other Post Graduate Training
- University of North Dakota (2010)
- Other Post Graduate Training
- University of North Dakota (2013)
- Graduate School
- University of North Dakota (2013), Counseling Psychology
- American Psychological Association Internship
- University of California Santa Cruz (2013), Psychology
- The University of Michigan - Counseling and Psychological Services (2014), Psychology
- Clinical Efficacy
- Men and Masculinities
- Professional Issues in Psychology
- Psychological Effects of Debt
- Socioeconomic Status
- The Challenge of Being Latina: Personal, Political, and Economic: Cultural Concerns and Social Justice.
- Pietrantonio, K.R., & Llamas, J. D. Peace and Conflict: Journal of Peace Psychology 2020
- The Challenge of Being Latina: Personal, Political, and Economic: Education and Vocational Concerns
- Pietrantonio, K.R., & Llamas, J. D. Peace and Conflict: The Journal of Peace Psychology 2020
- Closed borders, closed hearts: Systemic oppression of Latinas in US politics: Fronteras cerradas, corazones cerrados opresión sistémica de la gente de Latinx en la política estadounidense
- Pietrantonio, K.R., & Llamas, J. D. Peace and Conflict: The Journal of Peace Psychology 2020 26 2 110-116
- Tearing Down Walls: Meeting the Challenges of Latinas in Education and the Labor Force
- Pietrantonio, K.R., & Llamas, J. D. Peace and Conflict: The Journal of Peace Psychology 2020 26 4
- Solution-focused wellness coaching: a mixed methods, longitudinal study with college students
- Beauchemin, J. D., Facemire, S. D., Pietrantonio, K. R., Yates, H. T., & Krueger, D. Social Work in Mental Health 2020 1-19
- In search of positive masculine role norms: Testing the Positive Psychology Positive Masculinity Paradigm
- McDermott, R. C., Pietrantonio, K. R., Browning, B. R., McKelvey, D. K., Jones, Z. K, & Sevig, T. D. Psychology of Men & Masculinities 2019 1 20 12
- It Takes Money to Make Money: Inequity in Psychology Graduate Student Borrowing and Financial Stressors
- Wilcox, M. M., Barbaro-Kukade, L., Pietrantonio, K. R., Franks, D. N., & Davis, B. L TEP 2019
- APA Guidelines for Psychological Practice for People with Low-Income and Economic Marginalization
- American Psychological Association (Juntunen, C., Pietrantonio, K.R., Greig, A., Ross, D., Hirsh, J., Thompson, M., Peterman, A.) 2019 1-42
- A plan for addressing the student debt crisis in psychological graduate training: Commentary on "Graduate debt in psychology: A quantitative analysis" (Doran et al., 2016).
- Pietrantonio, K.R. & Garriott, P. Training and Education in Professional Psychology 2017 2 11
Social Class and Poverty: A Renewed Focus in Career Development. In Career Development. Career Development and Counseling: Putting Theory and Research to Work (2nd Edition)
Juntunen, C.J., Ali, S., Pietrantonio, K.R. (2020). New Jersey, Wiley
Social class, poverty, and career development. In Career Development and Counseling: Putting Theory and Research to Work (3rd Edition)
Juntunen, C. L., Ali, S. R., & Pietrantonio, K. R. (2020). New Jersey, Wiley
Honors & Awards
- Kipp Pietrantonio, Ph.D.
Jefferson Cup for Service with the APA Committee on Socioeconomic Status (2016)
- The American Psychological Association (2013-2018)