Vishal Kukkar, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Cardiothoracic Imaging Division.
Originally from India, Dr. Kukkar earned his M.B.B.S. degree at B.J. Medical College in Ahmedabad, where he remained to complete his radiology residency training. He then obtained advanced training through fellowship programs in neuroradiology at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, and in cardiothoracic imaging and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) at UT Health Science Center at San Antonio.
Dr. Kukkar's research interests include computed tomography (CT) and MR imaging of kidney cancer, thyroid image acquisition, and prostate biopsy.
He is an active member of several professional organizations, including the Radiological Society of North America, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the American Society of Neuroradiology, the Society of Abdominal Radiology, the North American Society for Cardiovascular Imaging, the Society of Thoracic Radiology, and the Texas Medical Association.
- Medical School
- B.J. Medical College, India (2003)
- B.J. Medical College, India (2007), Diagnostic Radiology
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (2017), Neuroradiology
- UT Health Science Center at San Antonio (2018), Cardiothoracic Radiology
- UT Health Science Center at San Antonio (2019), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (mri)
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- North American Society for Cardiovascular Imaging
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Abdominal Radiology
- Society of Thoracic Radiology
- Texas Medical Association