Dr. Tzen's research interest is early detection of pressure injury in people with spinal cord injury using non-invasive perfusion markers and serum biomarkers, and wound prevention through assistive technology devices. Dr. Tzen had clinical training in Physical Therapy and Assistive Technology, and technology training in bioinstrumentation and signal processing.
- diabetic foot ulcer
- pressure ulcer
- signal processing
- Pressure Injury on Poststroke Admission Assessment to Skilled Nursing Facilities: Risk Factors, Management, and Impact on Rehabilitation.
- Krishnan S, Hong I, Couture G, Tzen YT, Reistetter T, J Am Med Dir Assoc 2022 Jul
- Utilisation of skin blood flow as a precursor for pressure injury development in persons with acute spinal cord injury: A proof of concept.
- Tzen YT, Champagne PT, Rao V, Wang J, Tan WH, Klakeel M, Jain NB, Wukich DK, Koh TJ, Int Wound J 2022 May
- Healthcare utilization and outcomes of spinal cord injured veterans with stage 3-4 pressure injuries.
- Van Beest D, Koh SJ, Tzen YT, Wang J, Moore-Matthews D, Kargel JS, Cutrell JB, Bedimo RJ, Bennett BR, Tan WH, J Spinal Cord Med 2022 Apr 1-9
- Assessing Skin Blood Flow and Interface Pressure in Patients With Spinal Cord Injury Provided an Alternating Pressure Overlay: A Cross-sectional Study
- Tzen YT, Purohit R, Mei S, Tan WH, Wound Manag Prev 2020 03 66 3 16-28
- Implementing local cooling to increase skin tolerance to ischemia during normal seating in people with spinal cord injury.
- Tzen YT, Brienza DM, Karg PE, J Tissue Viability 2019 Nov 28 4 173-178
- Increased skin blood flow during low intensity vibration in human participants: Analysis of control mechanisms using short-time Fourier transform.
- Tzen YT, Weinheimer-Haus EM, Corbiere TF, Koh TJ, PLoS ONE 2018 13 7 e0200247
- Predictive validity of the Spinal Cord Injury Pressure Ulcer Scale (SCIPUS) in acute care and inpatient rehabilitation in individuals with traumatic spinal cord injury.
- Krishnan S, Brick RS, Karg PE, Tzen YT, Garber SL, Sowa GA, Brienza DM, NeuroRehabilitation 2016 Apr 38 4 401-9
- Relative contributions of interface pressure, shear stress, and temperature on ischemic-induced, skin-reactive hyperemia in healthy volunteers: a repeated measures laboratory study.
- Lachenbruch C, Tzen YT, Brienza D, Karg PE, Lachenbruch PA, Ostomy Wound Manage 2015 Feb 61 2 16-25
- Effectiveness of local cooling for enhancing tissue ischemia tolerance in people with spinal cord injury.
- Tzen YT, Brienza DM, Karg PE, Loughlin PJ, J Spinal Cord Med 2013 Jul 36 4 357-64
- The relative contributions of interface pressure, shear stress, and temperature on tissue ischemia: a cross-sectional pilot study.
- Lachenbruch C, Tzen YT, Brienza DM, Karg PE, Lachenbruch PA, Ostomy Wound Manage 2013 Mar 59 3 25-34
Honors & Awards
- Department of Applied Clinical Research Outstanding Mentor Award, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Board of Director, National Pressure Injury Advisory Panel
- Roberta Abruzzese Award, National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel
The award provides travel funds to a student showing interest and promise in the field of pressure ulcer research, treatment, and prevention or education. (2011)