Pooja Koolwal, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Division of Nephrology.
Dr. Koolwal received her medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. She completed internal medicine residency training followed by a fellowship in nephrology at Washington University in St. Louis.
Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with family and traveling.
- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (2013)
- Washington University Barnes Jewish Hospital/ St. Louis Children's Hospital Consortium Program (2016), Internal Medicine
- Washington University School of Medicine (2018), Nephrology
- Travel advice for the immunocompromised traveler: prophylaxis, vaccination, and other preventive measures.
- Patel RR, Liang SY, Koolwal P, Kuhlmann FM Ther Clin Risk Manag 2015 11 217-28
- Epidermal growth factor down-regulates the expression of neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) through E-cadherin in pancreatic cancer cells.
- Tong Z, Chakraborty S, Sung B, Koolwal P, Kaur S, Aggarwal BB, Mani SA, Bresalier RS, Batra SK, Guha S Cancer 2011 Jun 117 11 2408-18
Honors & Awards
- Knowlton Incentive for Excellence Award
Washington University, St. Louis (2017)
- Internal Medicine Distinguished Service Award
Washington University, St. Louis (2016)