Pooja Koolwal, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Pooja Koolwal, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Division of Nephrology.
Dr. Koolwal received her medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. She completed internal medicine residency training followed by a fellowship in nephrology at Washington University in St. Louis.
Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with family and traveling.
- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (2013)
- Washington University Barnes Jewish Hospital/ St. Louis Children's Hospital Consortium Program (2016), Internal Medicine
- Washington University School of Medicine (2018), Nephrology
- Travel advice for the immunocompromised traveler: prophylaxis, vaccination, and other preventive measures.
- Patel RR, Liang SY, Koolwal P, Kuhlmann FM Ther Clin Risk Manag 2015 11 217-28
- Epidermal growth factor down-regulates the expression of neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) through E-cadherin in pancreatic cancer cells.
- Tong Z, Chakraborty S, Sung B, Koolwal P, Kaur S, Aggarwal BB, Mani SA, Bresalier RS, Batra SK, Guha S Cancer 2011 Jun 117 11 2408-18
Honors & Awards
- Knowlton Incentive for Excellence Award
Washington University, St. Louis (2017)
- Internal Medicine Distinguished Service Award
Washington University, St. Louis (2016)