Amy Cheng, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Dr. Amy Y. Cheng graduated from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center – College of Medicine in Memphis, TN. She completed her pediatric residency and pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at Emory University in Atlanta, GA. She started her role as an assistant professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center in 2019 and works in the emergency departments at Children’s Medical Center Dallas and Plano.
- Medical School
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center (2013)
- Emory University School of Medicine (2016), Pediatrics
- Emory University School of Medicine/Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (2019), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- High Glow Nasal Cannula
- Survey of Current Institutional Practices in the Use of High-Flow Nasal Cannula for Pediatric Patients.
- Cheng AY, Simon HK, Miller J, Wetzel M, Zmitrovich A, Hebbar KB, Pediatr Emerg Care 2020 Jul
- Vaginal Laceration in an Adolescent Girl Presenting With Abdominal Pain.
- Cheng AY, Cooley AS, Sulton CD, Clin Pediatr (Phila) 2019 Jun 9922819854694
- Use of Extracorporeal Support in Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis Secondary to Ehrlichiosis.
- Cheng A, Williams F, Fortenberry J, Preissig C, Salinas S, Kamat P, Pediatrics 2016 10 138 4
- A sense of urgency: Evaluating the link between clinical trial development time and the accrual performance of cancer therapy evaluation program (NCI-CTEP) sponsored studies.
- Cheng SK, Dietrich MS, Dilts DM, Clin. Cancer Res. 2010 Nov 16 22 5557-63
- Steps and time to process clinical trials at the Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program.
- Dilts DM, Sandler AB, Cheng SK, Crites JS, Ferranti LB, Wu AY, Finnigan S, Friedman S, Mooney M, Abrams J, J. Clin. Oncol. 2009 Apr 27 11 1761-6
- Development of clinical trials in a cooperative group setting: the eastern cooperative oncology group.
- Dilts DM, Sandler A, Cheng S, Crites J, Ferranti L, Wu A, Gray R, MacDonald J, Marinucci D, Comis R, Clin. Cancer Res. 2008 Jun 14 11 3427-33
- Processes to activate phase III clinical trials in a Cooperative Oncology Group: the Case of Cancer and Leukemia Group B.
- Dilts DM, Sandler AB, Baker M, Cheng SK, George SL, Karas KS, McGuire S, Menon GS, Reusch J, Sawyer D, Scoggins M, Wu A, Zhou K, Schilsky RL J. Clin. Oncol. 2006 Oct 24 28 4553-7
Honors & Awards
- UTHSC Tennessee Scholars
- American Academy of Family Physicians (2009-2013)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2013)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow (2019)
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Society of Emergency Medicine (2019)
- American College of Emergency Physicians (2016)
- American Medical Association (2009-2013)
- Georgia College of Emergency Physicians (2016)