Jessica Kiarashi, M.D. is a Clinical Instructor in the Department of Neurology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in primary headache disorders.
Dr. Kiarashi earned her medical degree from Chicago Medical School. She completed her internal medicine year and neurology residency at Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York. She was appointed Chief Resident of her neurology class. She stayed on to complete a fellowship in headache disorders at the Montefiore Headache Center.
Dr. Kiarashi is board certified in Neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Dr. Kiarashi is an active member of the American Headache Society (AHS). She was selected to be the Chair of the Underserved Populations in Headache Medicine Section of the AHS. She has also presented several posters of her research and was awarded a Frontiers in Headache Medicine Scholarship for her work. She was selected to be an Emerging Leader of the AHS.
- Medical School
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (2014)
- Montefiore Medical Center (2015), Internal Medicine
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center (2018), Neurology
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center (2019), Headache Medicine
- Headache disparities and underserved populations
- Factors Associated With, and Mitigation Strategies for, Healthcare Disparities Faced by Patients With Headache Disorders.
- Kiarashi J, VanderPluym J, Szperka CL, Turner S, Minen MT, Broner S, Ross AC, Wagstaff AE, Anto M, Marzouk M, Monteith TS, Rosen N, Manrriquez SL, Seng E, Finkel A, Charleston L, Neurology 2021 Jun
- Ten Eleven things to facilitate participation of underrepresented groups in headache medicine research.
- Begasse de Dhaem O, Kiarashi J, Armand CE, Charleston L, Szperka CL, Lee YS, Rajapakse T, Seng EK, VanderPluym JH, Starling AJ, Headache 2021 Jun
- Elective Hospitalizations for Intractable Headache Outcomes and Response Predictors
- Jessica Kiarashi, Yasmin Jion, Brandon Giglio, Jelena Pavlovic, Cynthia E. Armand, Brian M. Grosberg, Richard B. Lipton, Sarah Vollbracht, Matthew S. Robbins Neurol Clin Pract 2021 3 11 188-193
- Psychopharmacologic interventions for repetitive behaviors in autism spectrum disorders.
- Soorya L, Kiarashi J, Hollander E, Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 2008 Oct 17 4 753-71, viii
Honors & Awards
- Chair of the Underserved Populations in Headache Medicine Section of the American Headache Society
- Emerging Leader of the American Headache Society
- Frontiers in Headache Medicine Research Scholarship
- Resident Teaching of Medical Students Award
Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2018)
- Neurology Chief Resident
Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2017-2018)
- Internal Medicine "Intern of the Year"
Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2014-2015)
- American Pediatric Society Student Research Program Award Recipient
Columbia University Presbyterian Hospital (2011)
- American Headache Society (2016)
- American Academy of Neurology (2015)