Glenn (Lee) Pride, M.D., is an Associate Professor of Radiology and Neurological Surgery and the Interventional Neuroradiology Program Director at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
He specializes in the treatment of hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke, cerebral aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, extra- and intracranial vascular occlusive lesions, facial vascular abnormalities, and spinal vascular abnormalities. He also serves as Director of the UT Southwestern fellowship programs in radiology and neuroradiology.
Dr. Pride earned his medical degree from the University of Alabama School of Medicine and completed residencies in neurology and diagnostic radiology at UT Southwestern. He then received advanced training in neuroradiology and interventional neuroradiology through fellowships at UT Southwestern.
He serves on national specialty committees for interventional neuroradiology and is regularly invited to present his work at national and international conferences. He is a reviewer for the Journal of Neurointerventional Surgery and a member of the Texas Medical Association, American Academy of Neurology, American Roentgen Ray Society, Radiological Society of North America, Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery, and the American Society of Neuroradiology.
- Medical School
- University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Med. (1989)
- UNC Hospitals - University of North Carolina (1990), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1993), Neurology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1997), Radiology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1999), Interventional Neuroradiology
- Interventional neuroradiology
- Percutaneous intraspinal navigation (PIN): A feasibility study in cadavers of a new and minimally invasive approach to the spinal cord and brain.
- Purdy PD, Replogle RE, Pride GL Jr, Adams C, Miller S, Samson D AJNR 2003 24 361-365
- MR-guided navigation of the intracranial subarachnoid space.
- Rappard G, Metzger G, Babcock E, Weatherall P, Fleckenstein JL, Replogle RE, Pride GL, Miller S, Adams C, Purdy PD AJNR 2003 24 626-629
- Percutaneous translumbar spinal cord compression injury in a dog model using angioplasty balloons: MR imaging and histopathologic findings.
- Purdy PD, Duong RT, White CL III, Baer DL, Reichard RR, Pride GL Jr, Adams C, Miller S, Hladik CL, Yetkin Z AJNR 2003 24 177-184
- Transluminal stent-assisted angioplasty of the intracranial vertebrobasilar system for medically refractory, posterior circulation ischemia: Early results.
- Levy EI, Horowitz MB, Koebbe CJ, Jungreis C, Pride GL, Dutton K, Purdy PD Neurosurgery 2001 48 1215-1223
- Rupture of intracranial aneurysms during endovascular coiling: Management and outcomes.
- Levy E, Koebbe CJ, Horowitz MB, Jungreis CA, Pride GL, Dutton K, Kassam A, Purdy PD Neurosurgery 2001 49 807-813
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Society of Neuroradiology (Senior Member)
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Neurointerventional Surgery
- Texas Medical Association