Maddy Artunduaga, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Pediatric Radiology Division. Her clinical and research interests include genitourinary, cardiac and musculoskeletal imaging in pediatric patients, with a particular focus on magnetic resonance imaging.
Originally from Colombia, Dr. Artunduaga received her medical degree from Pontificia Universidad Javeriana School of Medicine in Bogota. She then completed radiology residency training at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, and obtained advanced training through fellowship programs in general pediatric radiology at Boston Children’s Hospital, and in subspecialized pediatric cardiac and pediatric musculoskeletal imaging at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston.
She is board certified by the American Board of Radiology.
Dr. Artunduaga received additional training through a research fellowship program in the Department of Neurology at Boston Children's Hospital, and the Rice Education in Management for Physician Trainees program at Rice University in Houston.
Dr. Artunduaga clinical and research interests have led her to publish numerous articles in peer-reviewed journals.
She is a member of several organizations, including the American College of Radiology, Radiological Society of North America, American Roentgen Ray Society, American Association for Women Radiologists, Texas Radiological Society, and the Society for Pediatric Radiology. She also serves as co-chair of the Junior Society for Pediatric Radiology.
Dr. Artunduaga has a special interest in resident and fellow training and in radiology outreach activities.
- Medical School
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana School of Medicine, Colombia (2007)
- UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (2011), Transitional Year
- Baylor College of Medicine (2015), Diagnostic Radiology
- Boston Children's Hospital (2016), Pediatric Radiology
- Baylor College of Medicine Texas Children's Hospital (2017), Pediatric Cardiac Imaging
- Baylor College of Medicine Texas Children's Hospital (2018), Pediatric Musculoskeletal Radiology
Honors & Awards
- Power of Professionalism Award
Baylor College of Medicine (2014)
- Certificate of Merit
Radiological Society of North America (2013)
- Certificate of Excellence for Medical Student Education
Baylor College of Medicine (2011-2012)
- American Association for Women Radiologists
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Pediatric Radiology
- Texas Radiological Society