Maddy Artunduaga, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Maddy Artunduaga, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Pediatric Radiology Division. Her clinical and research interests are in pediatric genitourinary imaging, with a particular focus on magnetic resonance imaging.
Originally from Colombia, Dr. Artunduaga earned her medical degree at Pontificia Universidad Javeriana School of Medicine in Bogota. She then completed her radiology residency at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. She received advanced training through fellowship programs in pediatric radiology at Boston Children’s Hospital and in subspecialized pediatric cardiac and musculoskeletal imaging at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston.
Dr. Artunduaga received additional training through a research fellowship program in the Department of Neurology at Boston Children's Hospital, and the Rice Education in Management for Physician Trainees program at Rice University in Houston.
She is board certified by the American Board of Radiology.
Dr. Artunduaga's clinical and research interests have led her to publish numerous articles in peer-reviewed journals. In 2019, she was the recipient of the Kidney Cancer Program (KCP) Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) Career Enhancement Program Award at UT Southwestern for her project in "Radiomics and Radiogenomics in Wilms Tumors." Dr. Artunduaga has a special interest in resident and fellow training and in radiology outreach activities.
She is a member of several professional organizations, including the American College of Radiology, the Radiological Society of North America, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the American Association for Women Radiologists, the Texas Radiological Society, the Society for Pediatric Radiology (SPR), and the Society of Abdominal Radiology. She is a member of the Abdominal Imaging and MRI Committees of the SPR, and a member of the Renal Tumor Committee of the Children's Oncology Group (COG), which she also serves as the Diagnostic Imaging Young Investigator Liaison. Dr. Artunduaga also co-chairs the Junior Society for Pediatric Radiology.
- Medical School
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana School of Medicine, Colombia (2007)
- UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (2011), Transitional Year
- Baylor College of Medicine (2015), Diagnostic Radiology
- Boston Children's Hospital (2016), Pediatric Radiology
- Baylor College of Medicine Texas Children's Hospital (2017), Pediatric Cardiac Imaging
- Baylor College of Medicine Texas Children's Hospital (2018), Pediatric Musculoskeletal Radiology
Honors & Awards
- Power of Professionalism Award
Baylor College of Medicine (2014)
- Certificate of Merit
Radiological Society of North America (2013)
- Certificate of Excellence for Medical Student Education
Baylor College of Medicine (2011-2012)
- American Association for Women Radiologists
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Abdominal Radiology
- Society of Pediatric Radiology
- Texas Radiological Society