Maddy Artunduaga, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Pediatric Radiology Division. Her clinical interests include conditions of the genitourinary tract, cardiac imaging and interpreting musculoskeletal radiographs in pediatric patients.
Originally from Colombia, Dr. Artunduaga received her medical degree from Pontificia Universidad Javeriana School of Medicine in Bogota. She then completed radiology residency training at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, and obtained advanced training through fellowship programs in pediatric radiology at Boston Children’s Hospital, and in pediatric cardiac imaging and in pediatric musculoskeletal radiology at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston. Dr. Artunduaga also completed a research fellowship program in the Department of Neurology at Boston Children’s Hospital.
She is board certified by the American Board of Radiology. Additionally, in 2017, she completed the Rice Education in Management for Physician Trainees program at Rice University in Houston.
Dr. Artunduaga’s research interests include pediatric cancers, vascular abnormalities, and hip dysplasia. She has published numerous articles in peer-reviewed journals, and has presented her findings on these and other areas of research at an array of scientific conferences and meetings of professional societies throughout the United States and in Canada.
She is a member of several organizations, including the American College of Radiology, Radiological Society of North America, American Roentgen Ray Society, American Association for Women Radiologists, Texas Radiological Society, and the Society for Pediatric Radiology. She also serves as co-chair of the Junior Society for Pediatric Radiology.
- Medical School
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana School of Medicine, Colombia (2007)
- UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (2011), Transitional Year
- Baylor College of Medicine (2015), Diagnostic Radiology
- Boston Children's Hospital (2016), Pediatric Radiology
- Baylor College of Medicine Texas Children's Hospital (2017), Pediatric Cardiac Imaging
- Baylor College of Medicine Texas Children's Hospital (2018), Pediatric Musculoskeletal Radiology
Honors & Awards
- Power of Professionalism Award
Baylor College of Medicine (2014)
- Certificate of Merit
Radiological Society of North America (2013)
- American Association for Women Radiologists
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Pediatric Radiology
- Texas Radiological Society