Dr. Rasmi Nair joined the Department of Population and Data Sciences as Assistant Professor in September 2021. She is a trained medical practitioner from India and earned her MPH from Western Kentucky University and PhD in Epidemiology from Temple University. Dr. Nair is a cancer epidemiologist and her main research interests include assessing disparities in breast, prostate, lung and colorectal cancer screening, using both EHR and community databases. She is currently the PI of a pilot grant from GMaP Region 3 and the site Co-I for PROSPR II (NCI funded UM1 grant).
- health disparities; cancer screening
- Long-term mammography adherence among uninsured women enrolled in the Breast Screening and Patient Navigation (BSPAN) program.
- Nair RG, Lee SJC, Berry E, Argenbright KE, Tiro JA, Skinner CS, Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2021 Nov
- Reimbursement Matters: Overcoming Barriers to Clinical Trial Accrual.
- Lee SJC, Murphy CC, Gerber DE, Geiger AM, Halm E, Nair RG, Cox JV, Tiro JA, Skinner CS, Med Care 2021 May 59 5 461-466
- A randomized trial of mail and email recruitment strategies for a physician survey on clinical trial accrual.
- Murphy CC, Craddock Lee SJ, Geiger AM, Cox JV, Ahn C, Nair R, Gerber DE, Halm EA, McCallister K, Skinner CS, BMC Med Res Methodol 2020 May 20 1 123
- Outcomes associated with use of the Cancer Risk Intake System among primary care safety-net patients identified as needing colorectal cancer screening.
- Skinner CS, Ahn C, Singal AG, Nair RG, Halm EA, Pechero W, McCallister K, Sanders JM, Farrell D, Santini N, Prev Med Rep 2019 Dec 16 101003
- Conceptual Model for Accrual to Cancer Clinical Trials.
- Lee SJC, Murphy CC, Geiger AM, Gerber DE, Cox JV, Nair R, Skinner CS, J. Clin. Oncol. 2019 Jun JCO1900101
- Patient and Physician Factors Associated with Undisclosed Prostate Cancer Screening in a Sample of Predominantly Immigrant Black Men.
- Lepore SJ, Nair RG, Davis SN, Wolf RL, Basch CE, Thomas N, Shmukler C, Ullman R, J Immigr Minor Health 2017 12 19 6 1343-1350
- Higher rates of relapse in maternal recipients of haploidentical hematopoietic stem cell transplantation from adult offspring donors for AML and myelodysplastic syndrome.
- Geethakumari PR, Leiby B, Nair R, Alpdogan SO, Carabasi M, Filicko-O'Hara J, Gaballa S, Kasner M, Klumpp T, Martinez-Outschoorn U, Palmisiano N, Wagner JL, Porcu P, Flomenberg N, Grosso D, Bone Marrow Transplant 2017 10 52 10 1465-1467
- A fatal rash.
- Ramakrishnan Geethakumari P, Jacob P, Nair R, Narayanan G Neth J Med 2013 Jun 71 5 260-4
Honors & Awards
- AACR Student and Early Career Investigator Scholarship (SECIS) by American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- Health Disparities Research Institute Scholar by National Institute of Minority Health and Disparities, Bethesda, MD
- Dean's Award for Outstanding Research by College of Public Health, Temple University
- Sandy Schinfeld Scholarship by College of Public Health, Temple University
- William Conrad Gross Endowed Scholarship by Department of Public Health, Temple University
- WKU Chapter Excellence in Scholarship Graduate Award by College of Health and Human Services, Western Kentucky University
- SAFE Scholarship by Kentucky Safety and Health Networks
- American Association of Preventive Oncology (2019)
- American Association of Cancer Research (2016)
- American Public Health Association (2010-2016)