Dr. Sertich is a third-generation physician and the first internist in a family of surgeons. He grew up in San Antonio, TX, studied Art History at Austin College, and graduated from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. He completed his residency at the University of Colorado and returns home to Texas to advance medical education, specifically how to integrate basic science content with bedside medicine. Additional clinical interests include point-of-care ultrasound, serum biomarkers guiding antimicrobial stewardship, transitions of care, and improving healthcare utilization. His clinical practice includes the evaluation, diagnosis, and management of hospitalized patients. He enjoys running, cycling, hiking, drumming, baking, cooking, and reading.
- Medical School
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine (2014)
- University of Washington School of Medicine (2015), Surgery
- University of Colorado Health Science Center (2018), Internal Medicine
- Antimicrobial Stewardship and Serum Procalcitonin
- Beside Ultrasonography
- Education and Learning Theory
- Medical Education Resource Design
- Unique Presentation of Microscopic Polyangiitis: Hearing and Vision Loss, Dysphagia, and Renal Dysfunction.
- Badia RR, Hendricks AR, Perez CL, Sertich A, Ripley L, Cureus 2021 Mar 13 3 e14069
- Rapid Learning of Focused Cardiac Ultrasound for Early Identification of COVID-19 Complications: A Collaborative Effort.
- Sertich AP, Singh K, Alzubaidy D, Warsi M, Lonergan K, J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2021 Jan
- Diagnostic Accuracy of Point-of-Care Lung Ultrasonography and Chest Radiography in Adults With Symptoms Suggestive of Acute Decompensated Heart Failure: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Maw AM, Hassanin A, Ho PM, McInnes MDF, Moss A, Juarez-Colunga E, Soni NJ, Miglioranza MH, Platz E, DeSanto K, Sertich AP, Salame G, Daugherty SL, JAMA Netw Open 2019 03 2 3 e190703
- Transoral Resection of Supraglottic Alveolar Soft Part Sarcoma
- Sertich T, Hanna M, Cordero J Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2013
Honors & Awards
- Gold Humanism Society
- John P. McGovern Medical Ethics and Humanities Scholar
Texas Tech University Health Science Center (2014)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Medical Honor Society (2013)
- American College of Physicians (2018)
- American Medical Association (2018)
- Texas Medical Association (2018)