Dr. Jiao is a member of the Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Division in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UT Southwestern, where she directs the Fertility and Advanced Reproductive Medicine Practice IVF Laboratory.
She is certified as a high complexity laboratory director and as a clinical consultant by the American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB). Before joining UT Southwestern as an assistant professor and the Director of the IVF Laboratory in 2018, she was a Senior Embryologist at Crozer–Chest Medical Center in Upland, Pennsylvania (2013-2016) and at the Pacific Fertility Center in Los Angeles (2016-2018).
Dr. Jiao earned her medical degree from Shanxi Medical University in Taiyuan, China in 1997 and received her Doctorate of Human Reproduction Medicine at Sun Yat-sen University in Guangzhou, China in 2002. From 2010–2012, she was a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois; after which she became a research associate in the Center for Reproductive Medicine and Fertility at Weill Cornell Medicine Medical College in New York (2012–2013).
Prior to coming to the United States, Dr. Jiao was on the faculty of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat-sen University in China (2002–2008).
- Shanxi College (1997), Medicine
- Medical School
- Sun Yat-Sen University (2002)
- Age-related increase in aneuploidy and alteration of gene expression in mouse first polar bodies.
- Jiao ZX, Xu M, Woodruff TK J. Assist. Reprod. Genet. 2014 Jun 31 6 731-7
- Detection and quantification of maternal-effect gene transcripts in mouse second polar bodies: potential markers of embryo developmental competence.
- Jiao ZX, Woodruff TK Fertil. Steril. 2013 Jun 99 7 2055-61
- Follicle microenvironment-associated alterations in gene expression in the mouse oocyte and its polar body.
- Jiao ZX, Woodruff TK Fertil. Steril. 2013 Apr 99 5 1453-1459.e1
- Age-associated alteration of oocyte-specific gene expression in polar bodies: potential markers of oocyte competence.
- Jiao ZX, Xu M, Woodruff TK Fertil. Steril. 2012 Aug 98 2 480-6
- Birth of healthy children after preimplantation diagnosis of beta-thalassemia by whole-genome amplification
- Jiao ZX, Zhou C, Li J, Shu Y, Liang X, Zhang M, Zhuang GL Prenat Diagn 2003 Aug 23 8 646-651
- American Association of Bioanalysis (AAB) (2014)
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) (2010)