Dr. Carias is originally from Los Angeles, CA. After college, he performed health services research at Northwestern University where he stayed to complete his medical and public health training. He went on to train at New York University during his residency years before finding his way to UT Southwestern at Parkland Hospital. Drawn by its patient population, Dr. Carias hopes to expand his clinical/research interests in underserved medicine while at Parkland. In his free time, he enjoys traveling and cooking.
- Medical School
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (2015)
- New York University School of Medicine (2018), Internal Medicine
- Health Literacy
- Health Services/Policy
- Underserved Medicine
- Improving mammography screening among the medically underserved.
- Davis TC, Rademaker A, Bennett CL, Wolf MS, Carias E, Reynolds C, Liu D, Arnold CL J Gen Intern Med 2014 Apr 29 4 628-35
- Improving colon cancer screening in community clinics.
- Davis T, Arnold C, Rademaker A, Bennett C, Bailey S, Platt D, Reynolds C, Liu D, Carias E, Bass P, Wolf M Cancer 2013 Nov 119 21 3879-86
- Society of Hospital Medicine (2018)