Edson Carias, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Edson Carias, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Division of Hospital Medicine.
Originally from Los Angeles, Dr. Carias holds a bachelor's degree in biology from Swarthmore College in Pennsylvania. He earned his medical degree at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago. He completed internal medicine residency training at the New York University School of Medicine.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Carias joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2018.
At UT Southwestern and Parkland, Dr. Carias is part of the Education Committee and the "Joy at Work" Committee.
Dr. Carias is a member of the American College of Physicians and the Society of Hospital Medicine.
In his free time, Dr. Carias enjoys traveling and cooking.
- Medical School
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (2015)
- New York University School of Medicine (2018), Internal Medicine
- Health Literacy
- Health Services/Policy
- Underserved Medicine
- Improving mammography screening among the medically underserved.
- Davis TC, Rademaker A, Bennett CL, Wolf MS, Carias E, Reynolds C, Liu D, Arnold CL J Gen Intern Med 2014 Apr 29 4 628-35
- Improving colon cancer screening in community clinics.
- Davis T, Arnold C, Rademaker A, Bennett C, Bailey S, Platt D, Reynolds C, Liu D, Carias E, Bass P, Wolf M Cancer 2013 Nov 119 21 3879-86
- American College of Physicians (2020)
- Society of Hospital Medicine (2018)