Dr.Divakar received his MSc and PhD degree from University of Hyderabad, India. Dr. Divakar moved to USA as a postdoc researcher at Temple University (Philadelphia) and later at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York). After postdoctoral training, he joined as an Instructor the Department of Oncological Sciences at Mount Sinai. He later joined Liver Tumor Translational Research Program, Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center, Division of Digestive and Liver diseases at UT Southwestern as Assistant Professor.
He has been involved in development of anti-cancer agents such as small molecule inhibitors of RAS, CDK4/6, PI3K, ARK5, RAF, ARK5, Tubulin, CK2, PLK, Topoisomerases, Integrins and other various kinases, some of which are under evaluation in clinical trials. His current research focuses on identification of novel pathways and development of therapeutics for chronic liver diseases such as viral hepatitis, alcoholic and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, cirrhosis, and liver cancer.
- Animal models
- Liver diseases
- Signal transduction
- Small molecule inhibitors
- Tumor suppressors
- Generic chemoprevention of hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Athuluri-Divakar SK, Hoshida Y Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 2018 Sep
- A Small Molecule RAS-Mimetic Disrupts RAS Association with Effector Proteins to Block Signaling.
- Athuluri-Divakar SK, Vasquez-Del Carpio R, Dutta K, Baker SJ, Cosenza SC, Basu I, Gupta YK, Reddy MV, Ueno L, Hart JR, Vogt PK, Mulholland D, Guha C, Aggarwal AK, Reddy EP Cell 2016 Apr 165 3 643-55
- Dual Targeting of CDK4 and ARK5 Using a Novel Kinase Inhibitor ON123300 Exerts Potent Anticancer Activity against Multiple Myeloma.
- Perumal D, Kuo PY, Leshchenko VV, Jiang Z, Divakar SK, Cho HJ, Chari A, Brody J, Reddy MV, Zhang W, Reddy EP, Jagannath S, Parekh S Cancer Res. 2016 Mar 76 5 1225-36
- Dual inhibition of CDK4/Rb and PI3K/AKT/mTOR pathways by ON123300 induces synthetic lethality in mantle cell lymphomas.
- Divakar SK, Ramana Reddy MV, Cosenza SC, Baker SJ, Perumal D, Antonelli AC, Brody J, Akula B, Parekh S, Reddy EP Leukemia 2016 Jan 30 1 86-93
- Discovery of 8-cyclopentyl-2-[4-(4-methyl-piperazin-1-yl)-phenylamino]-7-oxo-7,8-dihydro-pyrido[2,3-d]pyrimidine-6-carbonitrile (7x) as a potent inhibitor of cyclin-dependent kinase 4 (CDK4) and AMPK-related kinase 5 (ARK5).
- Reddy MV, Akula B, Cosenza SC, Athuluridivakar S, Mallireddigari MR, Pallela VR, Billa VK, Subbaiah DR, Bharathi EV, Vasquez-Del Carpio R, Padgaonkar A, Baker SJ, Reddy EP J. Med. Chem. 2014 Feb 57 3 578-99
- TACI Isoforms Regulate Ligand Binding and Receptor Function.
- Garcia-Carmona Y, Ting AT, Radigan L, Athuluri Divakar SK, Chavez J, Meffre E, Cerutti A, Cunningham-Rundles C Front Immunol 2018 9 2125
- An efficient targeted drug delivery through apotransferrin loaded nanoparticles.
- Krishna AD, Mandraju RK, Kishore G, Kondapi AK PLoS ONE 2009 4 10 e7240
- A study of the topoisomerase II activity in HIV-1 replication using the ferrocene derivatives as probes.
- Kondapi AK, Satyanarayana N, Saikrishna AD Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 2006 Jun 450 2 123-32
- Mechanism of action of ferrocene derivatives on the catalytic activity of topoisomerase IIalpha and beta--distinct mode of action of two derivatives.
- Sai Krishna AD, Panda G, Kondapi AK Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 2005 Jun 438 2 206-16
Honors & Awards
- Suzan Komen Postdoctoral Fellowship
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai NY, USA (2012-2015)
- Senior Research fellowship (SRF)
Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), India (2006-2008)
- Junior Research fellowship (JRF)
Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), India (2004-2006)
- AASLD (2018)
- AACR (2011)