Dr. Zellers is an Interventional Pediatric Cardiologist involved in clinical trials of several transcatheter delivered devices for treatment of congenital and structural heart disease.
He is a Pogue Family Foundation Master Clinician in Pediatric Cardiology, Senior Vice President and Chief Clinical Officer at Children's Medical Center Plano and CHST Vice President of Medical Affairs at Children's Health.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1983)
- University of Virginia Health System (1986), Pediatric Medicine
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (1989), Pediatric Cardiology
- Baylor College of Medicine (1997), Interventional Cardiac Catheterization
- Physician leadership development
- Quality and safety interventions in high risk babies with complex congenital heart disease
- Transcatheter delivered devices in the treatment of congenital and structural heart disease
- Interaction among ET-1, endothelium-derived nitric oxide, and prostacyclin in pulmonary arteries and veins.
- Zellers TM, McCormick J, Wu Y Am. J. Physiol. 1994 Jul 267 1 Pt 2 H139-47
- Oxygen modulates endothelium-derived relaxing factor production in fetal pulmonary arteries.
- Shaul PW, Farrar MA, Zellers TM Am. J. Physiol. 1992 Feb 262 2 Pt 2 H355-64
- Endothelium-dependent relaxations of piglet pulmonary arteries augment with maturation.
- Zellers TM, Vanhoutte PM Pediatr. Res. 1991 Aug 30 2 176-80
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Doctors
Texas Monthly Magazine (2017)
- Best Pediatric Specialists/Doctors in Dallas
D Magazine (2010-2018)
- Patient's Choice Award
Mended Hearts Parents Group (2004)
- Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award
Awarded by Children’s Medical Center of Dallas (1991)
- Second Place, Young Investigator Award
Awarded by American Academy of Pediatrics Section of Cardiology, San Francisco, CA (1989)
- Finalist, Young Investigator Award
Awarded by American Academy of Pediatrics Section of Cardiology, Chicago, IL (1988)
- Best Paper by a Resident or Fellow
Awarded by Annual Meeting of Northwestern Pediatric Society, Bloomington, MN (1987)
- Eli Lilly Scholar
Awarded byWabash College (1977)
- Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas, Editorial Board (2008-2019)
- Dallas County Medical Society, Board of Trustees (2007-2019)
- Texas Medical Society (2007-2019)
- Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas (2006-2019)
- Congenital Cardiovascular and Intervention Study Consortium, President (2005-2016)
- Congenital Cardiovascular and Intervention Study Consortium (2002-2019)
- Society for Cardiac Angiography and Intervention, Fellow (1999-2019)