Dr. Zellers is an Interventional Pediatric Cardiologist involved in clinical trials of several transcatheter delivered devices for treatment of congenital and structural heart disease.
He is a Pogue Family Foundation Master Clinician in Pediatric Cardiology, Senior Vice President and Chief Clinical Officer at Children's Medical Center Plano and CHST Vice President of Medical Affairs at Children's Health.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1983)
- University of Virginia Health System (1986), Pediatric Medicine
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (1989), Pediatric Cardiology
- Baylor College of Medicine (1997), Interventional Cardiac Catheterization
- Physician leadership development
- Quality and safety interventions in high risk babies with complex congenital heart disease
- Transcatheter delivered devices in the treatment of congenital and structural heart disease
- Simultaneous stent implantation to treat bifurcation stenoses in the pulmonary arteries: Initial results and long-term follow up.
- Stapleton GE, Hamzeh R, Mullins CE, Zellers TM, Justino H, Nugent A, Nihill MR, Grifka RG, Ing FF Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2009 Mar 73 4 557-63
- Aspirin resistance in children with heart disease at risk for thromboembolism: prevalence and possible mechanisms.
- Heistein LC, Scott WA, Zellers TM, Fixler DE, Ramaciotti C, Journeycake JM, Lemler MS Pediatr Cardiol 2008 Mar 29 2 285-91
- Comprehensive assessment of patent ductus arteriosus by echocardiography before transcatheter closure.
- Ramaciotti C, Lemler MS, Moake L, Zellers TM J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2002 Oct 15 10 Pt 2 1154-9
- Bedside balloon atrial septostomy is safe, efficacious, and cost-effective compared with septostomy performed in the cardiac catheterization laboratory.
- Zellers TM, Dixon K, Moake L, Wright J, Ramaciotti C Am. J. Cardiol. 2002 Mar 89 5 613-5
- Coarctation index: identification of recurrent coarctation in infants with hypoplastic left heart syndrome after the Norwood procedure.
- Lemler MS, Zellers TM, Harris KA, Ramaciotti C Am. J. Cardiol. 2000 Sep 86 6 697-9, A9
- Transcatheter coil occlusion of the small patent ductus arteriosus (<4 mm): improved results with a "multiple coil-no residual shunt" strategy.
- Zellers TM, Wylie KD, Moake L Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2000 Mar 49 3 307-13
- Prostacyclin-induced relaxations of small porcine pulmonary arteries are enhanced by the basal release of endothelium-derived nitric oxide through an effect on cyclic GMP-inhibited-cyclic AMP phosphodiesterase.
- Zellers TM, Wu YQ, McCormick J, Vanhoutte PM Acta Pharmacol. Sin. 2000 Feb 21 2 131-8
- Balloon angioplasty for recurrent coarctation of the aorta in patients following staged palliation for hypoplastic left heart syndrome.
- Zellers TM Am. J. Cardiol. 1999 Jul 84 2 231-3, A9
- Usefulness of Doppler echocardiography in diagnosing right ventricular coronary arterial communications in patients with pulmonary atresia and intact ventricular septum and comparison with angiography.
- Garcia JA, Zellers TM, Weinstein EM, Mahony L Am. J. Cardiol. 1998 Jan 81 1 103-4
- Enalapril does not enhance exercise capacity in patients after Fontan procedure.
- Kouatli AA, Garcia JA, Zellers TM, Weinstein EM, Mahony L Circulation 1997 Sep 96 5 1507-12
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Doctors
Texas Monthly Magazine (2017)
- Best Pediatric Specialists/Doctors in Dallas
D Magazine (2010-2018)
- Patient's Choice Award
Mended Hearts Parents Group (2004)
- Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award
Awarded by Children’s Medical Center of Dallas (1991)
- Second Place, Young Investigator Award
Awarded by American Academy of Pediatrics Section of Cardiology, San Francisco, CA (1989)
- Finalist, Young Investigator Award
Awarded by American Academy of Pediatrics Section of Cardiology, Chicago, IL (1988)
- Best Paper by a Resident or Fellow
Awarded by Annual Meeting of Northwestern Pediatric Society, Bloomington, MN (1987)
- Eli Lilly Scholar
Awarded byWabash College (1977)
- Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas, Editorial Board (2008-2019)
- Dallas County Medical Society, Board of Trustees (2007-2019)
- Texas Medical Society (2007-2019)
- Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas (2006-2019)
- Congenital Cardiovascular and Intervention Study Consortium, President (2005-2016)
- Congenital Cardiovascular and Intervention Study Consortium (2002-2019)
- Society for Cardiac Angiography and Intervention, Fellow (1999-2019)