VP, Medical Staff Affairs at Childrens Medical Center Dallas. Interventional Pediatric Cardiologist involved in clinical trials of several transcatheter delivered devices for treatment of structural heart disease.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1983)
- University of Virginia Health System (1986), Pediatric Medicine
- Mayo Clinic (1989), Pediatric Cardiology
- Baylor College of Medicine (1997), Interventional Cardiac Catheterization
- Innovative transcatheter therapy to prevent structural heart disease in the fetus and newborn
- Transcatheter delivered devices in the treatment of structural heart disease
- Comprehensive assessment of patent ductus arteriosus by echocardiography before transcatheter closure.
- Ramaciotti C, Lemler MS, Moake L, Zellers TM J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2002 Oct 15 10 Pt 2 1154-9
- Bedside balloon atrial septostomy is safe, efficacious, and cost-effective compared with septostomy performed in the cardiac catheterization laboratory.
- Zellers TM, Dixon K, Moake L, Wright J, Ramaciotti C Am. J. Cardiol. 2002 Mar 89 5 613-5
- Coarctation index: identification of recurrent coarctation in infants with hypoplastic left heart syndrome after the Norwood procedure.
- Lemler MS, Zellers TM, Harris KA, Ramaciotti C Am. J. Cardiol. 2000 Sep 86 6 697-9, A9
- Transcatheter coil occlusion of the small patent ductus arteriosus (<4 mm): improved results with a "multiple coil-no residual shunt" strategy.
- Zellers TM, Wylie KD, Moake L Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2000 Mar 49 3 307-13
- Prostacyclin-induced relaxations of small porcine pulmonary arteries are enhanced by the basal release of endothelium-derived nitric oxide through an effect on cyclic GMP-inhibited-cyclic AMP phosphodiesterase.
- Zellers TM, Wu YQ, McCormick J, Vanhoutte PM Acta Pharmacol. Sin. 2000 Feb 21 2 131-8
- Acute and Midterm Outcomes of Transcatheter Pulmonary Valve Replacement for Treatment of Dysfunctional Left Ventricular Outflow Tract Conduits in Patients With Aortopulmonary Transposition and a Systemic Right Ventricle.
- Whiteside W, Tretter JT, Aboulhosn J, Aldoss O, Armstrong AK, Bocks ML, Gillespie MJ, Jones TK, Martin MH, Meadows JJ, Metcalf CM, Turner ME, Zellers T, Goldstein BH Circ Cardiovasc Interv 2017 Sep 10 9
- Invasive Hemodynamics of Adult Congenital Heart Disease: From Shunts to Coarctation.
- Veeram Reddy SR, Nugent AW, Zellers TM, Dimas VV Interv Cardiol Clin 2017 Jul 6 3 345-358
- Initial Experience With the Pediatric Impella Device: A Feasibility Study in a Porcine Model.
- Webb MK, Wang J, Riegel MS, Guleserian KJ, Forbess JM, Zellers TM, Dimas VV Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2016 May
- Intermediate Outcomes in the Prospective, Multicenter Coarctation of the Aorta Stent Trial (COAST).
- Meadows J, Minahan M, McElhinney DB, McEnaney K, Ringel R Circulation 2015 May 131 19 1656-64
- One-year follow-up of the Melody transcatheter pulmonary valve multicenter post-approval study.
- Armstrong AK, Balzer DT, Cabalka AK, Gray RG, Javois AJ, Moore JW, Rome JJ, Turner DR, Zellers TM, Kreutzer J JACC Cardiovasc Interv 2014 Nov 7 11 1254-62
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Doctors
Texas Monthly Magazine (2017)
- Best Pediatric Specialists
D Magazine (2010-2017)
- Patient's Choice Award
Mended Hearts Parents Group (2004)
- Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award
Awarded by Children’s Medical Center of Dallas (1991)
- Second Place, Young Investigator Award
Awarded by American Academy of Pediatrics Section of Cardiology, San Francisco, CA (1989)
- Finalist, Young Investigator Award
Awarded by American Academy of Pediatrics Section of Cardiology, Chicago, IL (1988)
- Best Paper by a Resident or Fellow
Awarded by Annual Meeting of Northwestern Pediatric Society, Bloomington, MN (1987)
- Eli Lilly Scholar
Awarded byWabash College (1977)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2007)
- Texas Medical Society (2007)
- Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas (2006)
- Congenital Cardiovascular Intervention Study Consortium, President (2005)
- Society for Cardiac Angiography and Intervention (1999)
- American Heart Association Councils for Basic Science and CVDY (1989)