Dr. Zellers is an Interventional Pediatric Cardiologist involved in clinical trials of several transcatheter delivered devices for treatment of congenital and structural heart disease.
He is a Pogue Family Foundation Master Clinician in Pediatric Cardiology, Senior Vice President and Chief Clinical Officer at Children's Medical Center Plano and CHST Vice President of Medical Affairs at Children's Health.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1983)
- University of Virginia Health System (1986), Pediatric Medicine
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (1989), Pediatric Cardiology
- Baylor College of Medicine (1997), Interventional Cardiac Catheterization
- Physician leadership development
- Quality and safety interventions in high risk babies with complex congenital heart disease
- Transcatheter delivered devices in the treatment of congenital and structural heart disease
- Acute and Midterm Outcomes of Transcatheter Pulmonary Valve Replacement for Treatment of Dysfunctional Left Ventricular Outflow Tract Conduits in Patients With Aortopulmonary Transposition and a Systemic Right Ventricle.
- Whiteside W, Tretter JT, Aboulhosn J, Aldoss O, Armstrong AK, Bocks ML, Gillespie MJ, Jones TK, Martin MH, Meadows JJ, Metcalf CM, Turner ME, Zellers T, Goldstein BH Circ Cardiovasc Interv 2017 Sep 10 9
- Invasive Hemodynamics of Adult Congenital Heart Disease: From Shunts to Coarctation.
- Veeram Reddy SR, Nugent AW, Zellers TM, Dimas VV Interv Cardiol Clin 2017 Jul 6 3 345-358
- Initial Experience With the Pediatric Impella Device: A Feasibility Study in a Porcine Model.
- Webb MK, Wang J, Riegel MS, Guleserian KJ, Forbess JM, Zellers TM, Dimas VV Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2016 May
- Intermediate Outcomes in the Prospective, Multicenter Coarctation of the Aorta Stent Trial (COAST).
- Meadows J, Minahan M, McElhinney DB, McEnaney K, Ringel R Circulation 2015 May 131 19 1656-64
- One-year follow-up of the Melody transcatheter pulmonary valve multicenter post-approval study.
- Armstrong AK, Balzer DT, Cabalka AK, Gray RG, Javois AJ, Moore JW, Rome JJ, Turner DR, Zellers TM, Kreutzer J JACC Cardiovasc Interv 2014 Nov 7 11 1254-62
- Management and Outcomes of Heterotaxy Syndrome Associated With Pulmonary Atresia or Pulmonary Stenosis.
- Sebastian VA, Brenes J, Murthy R, Veeram Reddy S, Dimas VV, Nugent A, Zellers T, Huang R, Guleserian KJ, Forbess JM Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2014 Apr
- Closure of patent foramen ovale versus medical therapy after cryptogenic stroke.
- Carroll JD, Saver JL, Thaler DE, Smalling RW, Berry S, MacDonald LA, Marks DS, Tirschwell DL N. Engl. J. Med. 2013 Mar 368 12 1092-100
- Comparison of surgical, stent, and balloon angioplasty treatment of native coarctation of the aorta: an observational study by the CCISC (Congenital Cardiovascular Interventional Study Consortium).
- Forbes TJ, Kim DW, Du W, Turner DR, Holzer R, Amin Z, Hijazi Z, Ghasemi A, Rome JJ, Nykanen D, Zahn E, Cowley C, Hoyer M, Waight D, Gruenstein D, Javois A, Foerster S, Kreutzer J, Sullivan N, Khan A, Owada C, Hagler D, Lim S, Canter J, Zellers T J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2011 Dec 58 25 2664-74
- Stenting of aortic coarctation: acute, intermediate, and long-term results of a prospective multi-institutional registry--Congenital Cardiovascular Interventional Study Consortium (CCISC).
- Holzer R, Qureshi S, Ghasemi A, Vincent J, Sievert H, Gruenstein D, Weber H, Alday L, Peirone A, Zellers T, Cheatham J, Slack M, Rome J Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2010 Oct 76 4 553-63
- Stent implantation for coarctation of the aorta in a premature infant through carotid cutdown as a bridge to surgical correction.
- Dimas VV, Leonard SR, Guleserian KJ, Forbess JM, Zellers TM J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2010 Apr 139 4 1070-1
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Doctors
Texas Monthly Magazine (2017)
- Best Pediatric Specialists/Doctors in Dallas
D Magazine (2010-2018)
- Patient's Choice Award
Mended Hearts Parents Group (2004)
- Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award
Awarded by Children’s Medical Center of Dallas (1991)
- Second Place, Young Investigator Award
Awarded by American Academy of Pediatrics Section of Cardiology, San Francisco, CA (1989)
- Finalist, Young Investigator Award
Awarded by American Academy of Pediatrics Section of Cardiology, Chicago, IL (1988)
- Best Paper by a Resident or Fellow
Awarded by Annual Meeting of Northwestern Pediatric Society, Bloomington, MN (1987)
- Eli Lilly Scholar
Awarded byWabash College (1977)
- Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas, Editorial Board (2008-2019)
- Dallas County Medical Society, Board of Trustees (2007-2019)
- Texas Medical Society (2007-2019)
- Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas (2006-2019)
- Congenital Cardiovascular and Intervention Study Consortium, President (2005-2016)
- Congenital Cardiovascular and Intervention Study Consortium (2002-2019)
- Society for Cardiac Angiography and Intervention, Fellow (1999-2019)