Natalie Bavli, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Natalie Bavli, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Division of Hematology and Oncology. She specializes in nonmalignant hematology with a particular focus on anemias, bleeding and clotting disorders, and platelet disorders.
Dr. Bavli earned her medical degree at Tufts University School of Medicine. She completed her residency at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston. She then completed advanced training through a fellowship in hematology at UT Southwestern.
Dr. Bavli joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021.
Dr. Bavli's research interests include hemostasis and thrombosis, sickle cell disease, and thrombotic microangiopathies. Her investigations have led to several publications in peer-reviewed journals. She has also contributed a chapter to Rossi's Principles of Transfusion Medicine.
Dr. Bavli serves as an associate editor for theMednet, a physician-only community for answers to clinical questions in medicine. She is passionate about medical education and was selected for the American Society of Hematology Medical Educators Institute. She is involved in the education of medical students, residents, and fellows in training.
Dr. Bavli is a member of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis, the American Society of Hematology, and the Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Society.
Outside of work, Dr. Bavli enjoys spending time with her husband and two kids. She can also be found hiking, traveling, and playing volleyball and tennis.
- Medical School
- Tufts University School of Medicine (2015)
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (2018), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2021), Hematology
- Hemostasis and Thrombosis
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Thrombotic Microangiopathies
- Distinct evolutionary paths in chronic lymphocytic leukemia during resistance to the graft-versus-leukemia effect.
- Bachireddy P, Ennis C, Nguyen VN, Gohil SH, Clement K, Shukla SA, Forman J, Barkas N, Freeman S, Bavli N, Elagina L, Leshchiner I, Mohammad AW, Mathewson ND, Keskin DB, Rassenti LZ, Kipps TJ, Brown JR, Getz G, Ho VT, Gnirke A, Neuberg D, Soiffer RJ, Ritz J, Alyea EP, Kharchenko PV, Wu CJ, Sci Transl Med 2020 09 12 561
- Vaccination with autologous myeloblasts admixed with GM-K562 cells in patients with advanced MDS or AML after allogeneic HSCT.
- Ho VT, Kim HT, Bavli N, Mihm M, Pozdnyakova O, Piesche M, Daley H, Reynolds C, Souders NC, Cutler C, Koreth J, Alyea EP, Antin JH, Ritz J, Dranoff G, Soiffer RJ, Blood Adv 2017 Nov 1 24 2269-2279
- Somatic mutation as a mechanism of Wnt/?-catenin pathway activation in CLL.
- Wang L, Shalek AK, Lawrence M, Ding R, Gaublomme JT, Pochet N, Stojanov P, Sougnez C, Shukla SA, Stevenson KE, Zhang W, Wong J, Sievers QL, MacDonald BT, Vartanov AR, Goldstein NR, Neuberg D, He X, Lander E, Hacohen N, Regev A, Getz G, Brown JR, Park H, Wu CJ, Blood 2014 Aug 124 7 1089-98
- Reversal of in situ T-cell exhaustion during effective human antileukemia responses to donor lymphocyte infusion.
- Bachireddy P, Hainz U, Rooney M, Pozdnyakova O, Aldridge J, Zhang W, Liao X, Hodi FS, O'Connell K, Haining WN, Goldstein NR, Canning CM, Soiffer RJ, Ritz J, Hacohen N, Alyea EP, Kim HT, Wu CJ, Blood 2014 Feb 123 9 1412-21
- Autologous CLL cell vaccination early after transplant induces leukemia-specific T cells.
- Burkhardt UE, Hainz U, Stevenson K, Goldstein NR, Pasek M, Naito M, Wu D, Ho VT, Alonso A, Hammond NN, Wong J, Sievers QL, Brusic A, McDonough SM, Zeng W, Perrin A, Brown JR, Canning CM, Koreth J, Cutler C, Armand P, Neuberg D, Lee JS, Antin JH, Mulligan RC, Sasada T, Ritz J, Soiffer RJ, Dranoff G, Alyea EP, Wu CJ, J Clin Invest 2013 Sep 123 9 3756-65
- SF3B1 and other novel cancer genes in chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- Wang L, Lawrence MS, Wan Y, Stojanov P, Sougnez C, Stevenson K, Werner L, Sivachenko A, DeLuca DS, Zhang L, Zhang W, Vartanov AR, Fernandes SM, Goldstein NR, Folco EG, Cibulskis K, Tesar B, Sievers QL, Shefler E, Gabriel S, Hacohen N, Reed R, Meyerson M, Golub TR, Lander ES, Neuberg D, Brown JR, Getz G, Wu CJ N. Engl. J. Med. 2011 Dec 365 26 2497-506
- Rapid remineralization of the distal radius after forearm fracture in children.
- Fung EB, Humphrey ML, Gildengorin G, Goldstein N, Hoffinger SA, J Pediatr Orthop 2011 Mar 31 2 138-43
Coagulation Factor Concentrates and Pharamacologic Therapies for Acquired Bleeding Disorders. In Rossi's Principles of Transfusion Medicine, 6th Ed.
Bavli N, Sarode R (2021).
Honors & Awards
- American Society of Hematology Award
UT Southwestern Medical Center (2021)
- James Tullis Award
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (2017)
- American Society of Hematology (2019)
- Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Society (2019)
- International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (2020)