Natalie Bavli, M.D., is a facuty member in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in nonmalignant hematology with a particular focus on anemias, hemostasis and thrombosis, and platelet disorders.
Dr. Bavli earned her medical degree at Tufts University School of Medicine. She completed her residency at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a Harvard Medical School teaching hospital in Boston, where she was selected for the Clinician Educator Track, and was recognized for her compassion by being inducted into the Gold Humanism Honor Society. She then completed advanced fellowship training in hematology at UT Southwestern.
Dr. Bavli serves as an associate editor for theMednet, a physician-only community for answers to clinical questions in medicine. She is passionate about medical education and was selected for the American Society of Hematology Medical Educators Institute. She is involved in the education of medical students, residents, and fellows in training.
- Medical School
- Tufts University School of Medicine (2015)
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (2018), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2021), Hematology
- Hemostasis and Thrombosis
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Thrombotic Microangiopathies
- Distinct evolutionary paths in chronic lymphocytic leukemia during resistance to the graft-versus-leukemia effect.
- Bachireddy P, Ennis C, Nguyen VN, Gohil SH, Clement K, Shukla SA, Forman J, Barkas N, Freeman S, Bavli N, Elagina L, Leshchiner I, Mohammad AW, Mathewson ND, Keskin DB, Rassenti LZ, Kipps TJ, Brown JR, Getz G, Ho VT, Gnirke A, Neuberg D, Soiffer RJ, Ritz J, Alyea EP, Kharchenko PV, Wu CJ, Sci Transl Med 2020 09 12 561
- Vaccination with autologous myeloblasts admixed with GM-K562 cells in patients with advanced MDS or AML after allogeneic HSCT.
- Ho VT, Kim HT, Bavli N, Mihm M, Pozdnyakova O, Piesche M, Daley H, Reynolds C, Souders NC, Cutler C, Koreth J, Alyea EP, Antin JH, Ritz J, Dranoff G, Soiffer RJ, Blood Adv 2017 Nov 1 24 2269-2279
- Somatic mutation as a mechanism of Wnt/ß-catenin pathway activation in CLL.
- Wang L, Shalek AK, Lawrence M, Ding R, Gaublomme JT, Pochet N, Stojanov P, Sougnez C, Shukla SA, Stevenson KE, Zhang W, Wong J, Sievers QL, MacDonald BT, Vartanov AR, Goldstein NR, Neuberg D, He X, Lander E, Hacohen N, Regev A, Getz G, Brown JR, Park H, Wu CJ, Blood 2014 Aug 124 7 1089-98
- Reversal of in situ T-cell exhaustion during effective human antileukemia responses to donor lymphocyte infusion.
- Bachireddy P, Hainz U, Rooney M, Pozdnyakova O, Aldridge J, Zhang W, Liao X, Hodi FS, O'Connell K, Haining WN, Goldstein NR, Canning CM, Soiffer RJ, Ritz J, Hacohen N, Alyea EP, Kim HT, Wu CJ, Blood 2014 Feb 123 9 1412-21
- Autologous CLL cell vaccination early after transplant induces leukemia-specific T cells.
- Burkhardt UE, Hainz U, Stevenson K, Goldstein NR, Pasek M, Naito M, Wu D, Ho VT, Alonso A, Hammond NN, Wong J, Sievers QL, Brusic A, McDonough SM, Zeng W, Perrin A, Brown JR, Canning CM, Koreth J, Cutler C, Armand P, Neuberg D, Lee JS, Antin JH, Mulligan RC, Sasada T, Ritz J, Soiffer RJ, Dranoff G, Alyea EP, Wu CJ, J Clin Invest 2013 Sep 123 9 3756-65
- SF3B1 and other novel cancer genes in chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- Wang L, Lawrence MS, Wan Y, Stojanov P, Sougnez C, Stevenson K, Werner L, Sivachenko A, DeLuca DS, Zhang L, Zhang W, Vartanov AR, Fernandes SM, Goldstein NR, Folco EG, Cibulskis K, Tesar B, Sievers QL, Shefler E, Gabriel S, Hacohen N, Reed R, Meyerson M, Golub TR, Lander ES, Neuberg D, Brown JR, Getz G, Wu CJ N. Engl. J. Med. 2011 Dec 365 26 2497-506
- Rapid remineralization of the distal radius after forearm fracture in children.
- Fung EB, Humphrey ML, Gildengorin G, Goldstein N, Hoffinger SA, J Pediatr Orthop 2011 Mar 31 2 138-43
Coagulation Factor Concentrates and Pharamacologic Therapies for Acquired Bleeding Disorders. In Rossi's Principles of Transfusion Medicine, 6th Ed.
Bavli N, Sarode R (2021).
Honors & Awards
- American Society of Hematology Award
UT Southwestern Medical Center (2021)
- James Tullis Award
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (2017)
- International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (2020)
- American Society of Hematology (2019)
- Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Society (2019)