Dr. Natalia David grew up in Las Vegas, Nevada, and obtained her BA in Psychology and BS in Biology at the University of Nevada Las Vegas. Dr. David obtained her Master’s in Psychology from Walden University, and her Doctorate from Alliant International University in Los Angeles, California, with an emphasis in Health Psychology. During graduate training, Dr. David completed several clinical practicums, including an advanced externship at UCLA’s Simms/Mann Center for Psycho-Oncology. She further continued her training in Health Psychology at APA-accredited Baylor Scott and White Memorial Hospital, where she developed a special interest in Chronic Pain and Sleep disorders. To pursue these interests further, she completed an APA-accredited Fellowship at the James A. Haley VA in Tampa, Florida, in a dual-specialty training track in chronic pain and psycho-oncology.
Presently, Dr. David maintains appointment as Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern, Department of Psychiatry, Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry at Clements University Hospital and Zale Lipshy University Hospital. She also sees patients in the Adult Outpatient Psychiatry Clinic in the Bass Outpatient Tower. Specializations include Behavioral Sleep Medicine and Pain Psychology. Her approach to psychological and health management includes holistic and integrated modalities that utilize evidence-based (Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Mindfulness), relational/dynamic, and supportive methods.
- Undergraduate School
- Alliant International University (2014), Psychology
- Baylor Scott & White Health (2017), Psychology
- Graduate School
- Alliant International University (2017)
- James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital (2018), Psychology
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine (2019)
- Society of Behavioral Sleep Medicine (2019)
- Academy for Integrative Pain Management (2018)
- American Psychological Association Division 40: Society of Clinical Neuropsychology (2018)
- National Academy of Neuropsychology (2018)
- American Psychological Association Division 38: Health Psychology (2016)
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists (2016)